New begininngs

Old 07-17-2007, 04:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New begininngs

You are reading from the book Each Day a New Beginning

The problem is not merely one of woman and career, woman and the home, woman and independence. It is more basically: how to remain whole in the midst of the distractions of life; how to remain balanced, no matter what centrifugal forces tend to pull one off center; how to remain strong, no matter what shocks come in at the periphery and tend to crack the hub of the wheel.
-- Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Before getting into this recovery program, many of us didn't cope with life's distractions except with the help of our addiction. We had no sense of wholeness and were constantly bouncing from one crisis to another. We may still feel pulled. The crises may still trip us up. But we have a center now that we are beginning to understand and rely upon. That center is our spiritual selves.

Slowing down, going within to our center, listening to the message therein, unravels our problem, smoothes the waves of the storm. The strength to go forward awaits us.

We can absorb the shocks that "crack the hub of the wheel" and be enriched by them. Each moment we are weaving our tapestry of life. Each experience colors our design. Our pain and sorrow and joy give the depth that one-day will move us to say, "I see, I understand."

I will be grateful for the experiences today that give my tapestry its beauty.