Notices

Is there really help?

Old 07-16-2007, 09:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Well

Question Is there really help?

So here I am. I am at a point of full blown panic. I did call a crisis hotline and they gave me a few #'s to call. I did finally talk to someone at the dept of health services who said if I can make it thru the night to night. I came file an application wit them tomorrow and once I have filed an app. I can go to the E.R. and once I qualify it will be retroactive. That shines some hope on things. But I am having a hard time making it thru tonight. I am so paniced. I have taken. some left over klonipin tonight but I don't feel any better. The last few weeks I have just spiraled out of control. I quit my job in the middle of a panic attack. Now I have been out of work since the 6th. I do have an interview tomorrow but I am in no state to get thru an intrview. If god willing I get the job it doesn't start until 8/20/07. My husband doesn't understand my disorder at all he only feels berdened by me. My mom tries to help but also feels over whelmed not being able to help. My children, I am so afraid I will mess them up. I try vey hard not to let them see anything is wrong with me. I am so over whelmed and I feel there is no hope. Like no one can help me. I feel like there is no answer.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Two things I have noticed...
One the panic doesn't last forever (as I have seen in others)
Number two... my hands are good size but they can only hold so much. God's hands hold the whole world and still have room for what ever we give Him.
I know it doesn't feel easy to always do but I know it works when we let go of our problems and let God handle them.

Place your cares at His feet and He will handle them for you.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Well

thank you best but there is part o my problem, I am soo afraid of HIM, I have known God all my life but I now suffer from thantophobia and I pray and pray and don't feel better so then I feel worse. It's an awful cycle
Old 07-16-2007, 10:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

and how does Paul deal with such fears?

To live is to continue with God's plan for my life. If I die, I will be in heaven..safe and in His care.

Paul took a real fear as people were after him and pushed it aside with proper reasoning.

There is no reason to be afraid of Him. God wants what is best for each of us. If He doesn't heal you from your phobia, He will give you the grace to get through it on your own.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi bluenena,

I had panic attacks so bad they had to put me in the hospital when my muscles would no longer work from too much adrenaline in my system.

I haven't had a panic attack in 20 years. There is a lot of hope and as soon as you get some treatment things will start to get better. Just get through 24 hours at a time until then.

Obsessive thoughts are a part of anxiety disorders. Nothing to worry about even though they cause a lot of discomfort. There are many symptoms that make us feel like we are going to die or that we're crazy. These are just thoughts and fears though. Try to talk to yourself and tell yourself that the panic will go away soon and you can make it through 24 hours. You are not going to die and everything will be fine. Try taking hot showers or getting some exercise. Sit with your eyes closed and take slow deep breaths and think of something pleasant. Avoid caffeine in coffee and sodas.

You will get better. There is lots of hope.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Well

Smile

Thank you for your posts, I finally did get in to see a dr today. I was given a "bandaid" of klonopin. But I aslo filed for Medical. (California's Medicaide) and I don't think I will have any problem beeing approved. I can't wait to start therapy. I think with help. I can get thru this. I read something today that said

"We certainly don't want to trivialize your trama by claiming it's God's will or It is for the best. But we do believe that God loves you too much to waiste the pain you have experienced. Somehow He can use the hurtful years and in His time weave them into a beutiful part of your story. So we urge you to keep turning towards God in the midst of your painful events instead of away from Him.

I found it very comforting and instpiring. Today was long but good. Tomorow is another day.
:-) KARLEE (-:
Old 07-18-2007, 07:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're getting treatment, that first step is a big one. Panic disorders have a relatively high rate of successful treatment, there's no reason to just live with it. Keep your head up
Old 07-19-2007, 04:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Research has shown the cognitive behavioral therapy is very effective in treating panic/anxiety disorders. There's also a book called: shoot my mind just went blank (I'm a bit anxious myself today). Oh, it's the Anxiety and Phobia workbook. I have it and have recommended it to everything. I used to have panic attacks. Peace and calm to you
Old 07-22-2007, 06:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I agree peace,

CBT helped me a great deal several years ago, when I had debilitating panic/anxiety. CBT also helped the panic become less frequent and less intense.

Intro