Putting the focus back on me

Old 07-15-2007, 05:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink Putting the focus back on me

The events of the past couple of days has really made me aware of how easily I can lose my focus. I have realized that I need to continue to do the things that are working for me. I need to put the focus back on myself and not let myself get lost again. I do not want to go back to that person who was only a shell of herself. So today I am putting the focus back where it needs to be--on me. Anyone care to join Hugs to all of you, Marle
Old 07-15-2007, 05:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah Marle!! Atta girl!! Make today a day for you....do some stuff you like. Maybe a movie or shopping. Do a hobby that you like and maybe haven't done in a while! I hope you have a wonderful day and rest of the week.
Here, it actually isn't raining (yet) so I may go for a long walk!!!
((HUGS))
Old 07-15-2007, 05:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I'm with you. I find myself losing my focus in my dealing with my Mom, the alcoholic. I am easily sucked back into her chaos, I have to keep reminding myself that it is her problem, not mine. It is difficult, as she is soon to be 82, and that brings with it another set of issues.

Make today a good one for you!
Old 07-15-2007, 05:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

some times it is a struggle to focus on just what we need & what we want.it is ok to relaspe just as long as we do not stay in it. prayers for all of us.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Marle, I am doing the same thing-putting ALL of my focus back on me.
I need all of my strength to fight this beast(cancer), and my 20 year
old can figure his own life out!
Today I plan on brunch with my Dad, and maybe shoe shopping with
my sister. Enjoy your day Marle!
Old 07-15-2007, 10:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

That's great! What are you going to do today?
Old 07-15-2007, 10:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Done, Probably make a nice dinner, ribs and homemade potato salad, walk the dogs, watch some golf on TV. Tomorrow my last dog goes for teeth cleaning (5 dogs=total cost $1,000 yikes) so I will make sure to give her a good brushing. I also had a butterfly hatch this morning, so I put him outside and will watch him until he is ready to fly. If the wind calms down, maybe some fishing. I am definitely a homebody and love nothing more than to just enjoy the calmness of my house on a beautiful summer's day. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-15-2007, 10:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

One thing I learned recently is how to tell the male from the female monarch butterfly. The male has a black spot on each wing. So I have 15 butterflies that will hatch in the next few days and I am going to keep a tally and see how many males and females I get. Marle
Old 07-15-2007, 12:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((Marle))) I just got back from a few days at my summer home and I saw all of your posts about your daughter. I'm sorry you had to go through the worry of not knowing where she was. Glad she is alive. Sounds like you have a good handle on what is going on with her. You are doing what you have to do and still keeping the focus on yourself..........I admire your strength. Just maybe the bad check will end in a better result for her. Sounds like God is working with her in ways we may not understand. These things are happening for a reason.
Keep up your good work and enjoy those ribs and salad. I agree, there is no place like home for the comfort we need to make ourselves feel better. I love my home also and it always gives me the comfort I need more than anything else. I wish the old friend from rehab could get in touch with her........maybe he could inspire her.
Do you have his number.......maybe if you do talk to her you could give it to her.

Keeping you and Megan in prayer..............Lois
Old 07-15-2007, 01:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've been pampering myself a bit this weekend but in funny ways...Tackling some piles that bug me...Got under my husband's computer since I was having internet problems and got all that stuff dusted and vacuum...moved all the cables and cords he tosses there for no reason...Boy that felt good. Sometimes just making my surrounding look better makes me feel better. I spent time with my Magen yesterday and that was so nice...With her work schedule and mine, it happens less than I'd like. She is doing very well which makes me grateful.

This morning Compassionate Friends in our area had their Walk for Remembrance. We joined about a 150 other people, remembering the children we have lost. It was meanignful and nice...not the sad event I had feared.

I'm so, so, so thankful that your Megan is found and alive...I too think God's still working in her life.
Praying your Megan's time comes soon too...Hugs
Old 07-15-2007, 02:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Peace Hope Love

Marle - you can count me in! I haven't been on the site in about 3 weeks and what is the first message I read - the one that talks about taking care of me.
I swear everyone here, regardless of their situation is an angel. I just read and learn and pray and love all of you. Thanks and I hope you have a triple bubble bath luscious ice tea pearl green butterfly tomato sandwhich ice cream sunday kinda day! YOU ARE WORTHY! / m
Old 07-15-2007, 02:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

((((((((((((((((((Marle)))))))))))))))))))))
Mom hugs for you. I hope it's been a good day.
After a shaky start I've spent the day puttering around the house just doing little things that needed to be done. Now tomorrow when AD comes out of rehab should be interesting, I'll probably putter faster!!!
Old 07-15-2007, 02:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Blue, Thanks, you gave me a good chuckle. I had a great image in my head of you with a duster in one hand and a vaccum in the other just going gangbusters. Hope that tomorrow brings you joy. Prayers for you and your daughter. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-16-2007, 06:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Marle- This is a GREAT post and extremely inspiring.
I, too, can lose my focus in a heartbeat and everyday that the focus remains on the addict and not on my life- I continue to be a puppet on strings. Some weeks I do so well and others I feel like I'm back in the craziness, stuck and that my life is on permanent pause.
Thanks for reminding me that I have to keep plowing forward.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

This also reminds me that the focus cannot be on "us" - it has to be on ME, because if I am counting on him as the variable to my happiness- I will never feel safe or secure in myself.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Marle,
Im Glad Your Doing Whats Right For You. We Need You Here. Your Post Are Always Helpful To Me And Send Strong Messages About The Things I Should Be Doing, Or Not Doing To Help My Recovery. Keep Up The Good Stuff.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:58 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Merle- You are like me. Once the drama is over and we can stand back and look around us, we realize that it is time for us. Ads had his latest drama and now that it is over I can sleep better and do the ordinary stuff that makes up our lives. I worked in the yard, took a nice long walk, cleaned a little in the house, sat on the front porch under the umbrella and finished a book. Just the things that put your mind in the right frame. Enjoyed time with hubby. Got him to help straighten his shed out,also. So keep at it and enjoy Life.