Oh the tangled web our addicts weave

Old 07-13-2007, 07:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oh the tangled web our addicts weave

Went to the bank this afternoon to take some money out to go visit my mom. Anyway there is an alert on my account. The teller asks me if I am on my daughter's account. I told her I didn't think I was anymore and I was only on it because she got it when she was 15 and wanted me to be able to withdraw or deposit money for her. Well it seems I am still on it and that she cashed a check for $300 which she has no funds for. I just blurted out, "Please prosecute her." I couldn't help it. I told the bank lady everything. Seems the check belonged to her abf's mother and was made out to my daughter. She cashed it at a bank branch in another city. Now I know that the abf steals checks from his mom. Usually he cashes them at places that know him. Must be he has worn out his welcome at those places and they needed to come up with a new scheme. Anyway, the bank is going to prosecute because they don't want to lose the money. And my daughter is the one who cashed it. So maybe, just maybe she will be spending some time in county jail. I know you all know what a positive thing that is for us moms.

Had a nice visit with my mom, my sister and BIL, my brother and SIL and their daughter and my other sister's daughter. We went out to dinner and back to see my brother's new house. Man was I jealous My mom is really starting to show her age (82). Makes me sad, but it was good to be with family again. It has been a long time.

Marle
Old 07-13-2007, 07:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Thanks for the update. I hope it works out.. maybe jail is a good place and a better place...

I understand the aging thing. My Dad is 84 and my Mom is 80 and it is hard to see them getting old(er).

((((Marle))))
Old 07-13-2007, 07:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i am sorry your daughter is "still at it." i am glad you enjoyed your family.family is very important to me the older i get.my family is very small, but i love each of them even with the flaws.i lost my dad 7 yrs ago & my mom 9 yrs ago. i still miss them,guess i always will. i am saying a prayer for your daughter & you & your family.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
President

LOL! I couldn't help but laugh when I read your reaction. Funny how what comes out of our mouths completely changes after being in recovery for a while!

Glad to hear you were able to spend time with the fam!
Old 07-13-2007, 08:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
On a tear

My prayers that she gets exactly what she needs... and that her time for sobriety and recovery can be soon.

(((Marle))) Your recovery shines.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully this will get her some help and she did it all on her own!
susan
Old 07-13-2007, 08:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

I hope the experience teaches her a lesson she does not repeat. I have both children in jail. I went through all the sadness, now, I find that I like not having them here, causing all that chaos.
Take care and don't feel one bit guilty.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Isn't it good that you've come this far Marle where you COULD say, "Do what you need to do"?

We just never know what will get our addicted loved ones attention. I hope this incident and the consequences for it might be just that thing for your daughter.

Way to go, mama. You done good!

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 07-13-2007, 10:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

glad you got to spend time with your family..........and its nice to see examples from you and others on how to get thru this stuff.........my first reaction before SR would have been to try to pay it
your an inspiration
Old 07-14-2007, 12:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((((Marle))))))
I'm sorry it is still such a tangled web and praying that she will find her way soon. I'm so glad you got to spend time with your family and hope it won't be so long until the next time. Hugs
Old 07-14-2007, 04:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yup, there was not even one tiny part of me that thought about paying it. I just wanted them to remove my name from her account as quickly as they could. The bank would first have to prove that my daughter cashed the check illegally and since the abf's mom is a GIANT codie, she may once again come to the aid of her son, since he is most probably involved. My daughter told the teller when she cashed the check that it was from her in-laws. The girl asked me if my daughter was married. I told them I hope not. But who knows. It is so strange to not know things about your children, things that are huge, like if they are married or not, where they live, etc. The sweet girl at the bank said, "You don't want your daughter to go to jail." I said, "oh, yes, I do." Marle
Old 07-14-2007, 04:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Marle,

Seems like it never ends, one hurdle after another. You jumped this one with ease!

I am glad that you had a nice visit with your family.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Marle, you continue to impress me more every day.
Prayers that your daughter finds her bottom soon.
(((Hugs)))
Cece
Old 07-14-2007, 04:50 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
rozied

Marle, Glad to hear about your visit with your family. My parents are 87 & I too can see them aging & its sad but then I think about the only alternative & Thank God I still have them & they are doing well for their age.
Sory to hear about your daughter but happy how u handled it. You know my AS wrote $1,887 worth of bad cks & my mom pd them. Now she says she thinks she did the wrong thing but its too late. At least she swears she is done & will never help him again. I pray she means it & sticks to it.

Love,
Diane
Old 07-14-2007, 04:56 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Rozied, I will keep your mom in my prayers, that maybe she will finally get it. Wouldn't that be nice if you two were on the same page and she could be part of your support system rather than the "enabler". Hugs, Marle
Old 07-14-2007, 05:10 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Marle, that was really strong of you without you even trying! Good good!
Jail will be h*ll on your AD because of the withdrawals; they may put her in the psych ward, but that will probably be the best thing for her. Maybe she will "see the light".
((hugs))
Old 07-14-2007, 05:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
rozied

Thanx Marle, You know I believe both of my parents finally mean it. Now that my ex is back in the picture he wants to be the only one our son can go to. I think that has helped all of us cut him loose. My ex was an addict for 30 yrs & has now been in recovery 5 yrs this Sept. It does show that as long as there is life there is hope.
My ex has been writing to him everyday & he has been writing back. My ex is strong in recovery & will not let our son bs him or conn him. It is sad though seeing how frustrated my ex gets with our son. My ex is the one who told me that no matter what we do until our son has had enough he won't stop. Now my ex says no matter how long it takes he won't give up on our son.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:11 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
grateful rca

sorry marle that your daughter is still at it, i'm also glad that you got to enjoy time with your family. i understand the aging thing to, my mom is about 83 too. i'm keeping your daughter in my prayers as well as the rest of your family. thanks for the update
Old 07-14-2007, 10:07 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Marle,

Only we folks in recovery understand the statement, "Oh yes I do want her to go to jail!" Never in my life would I have ever thought I'd feel good about saying, "Oh isn't this great? I have a child in rehab!" Or "Let him/her go to jail. At least they are safe there."

I bet you just blew the mind of that little "earth person" teller. If I had been with you, I would have stepped up and said, "Yeah, and I'm nominating Marle as mother of the year cause she loves her kid enough to hope she gets caught and suffers some consequences!"

Hang in there, Marle. You are one good mom.

Hugs,
Hangin' In