Famous quotes made by your loved one Part 2

Old 07-11-2007, 02:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Guess what, I'm not crazy.

Mine is always thinking he remembers what we talked about. He takes things we did talk about ans says NO WE DIDN'T TALK ABOUT THAT? Or when we didn't talk about something but it was on his mined while he was drunk he thinks we did and he will yell and say, WE MADE A DEAL or YOU AGREED.

The other night when we got into it over his drinking he said he didn't understand why (I) had a problem with it. I make it to work don't I? I don't hit you do I? then whats the problem?

Today has been a bad day for me. Nothing seems to be going right and I get all shaky and upset and I worry that it will be worse when I get home. (Heavy Sigh)
Old 07-11-2007, 02:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I will pray for you, I know that dreading to go home feeling all too well. Thank God I don't have that to deal with today!!!

My abf of late says stuff about things he swore I said many years ago, or that he saw me doing and frankly, I really don't buy it. I mean yes I blacked out sometimes but not all the time. I think he is really delusional!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Some from the "old man"

"Save your legs and get me two beers." (about every 15 minutes or so when I visit)

"This is the dumbest dog I've owned" (after the dog didn't know how to get a beer out of the fridge)

"Is that monkey with the weapon still out there?" (Neighbor child in the kitchen spreading peanut butter on a cracker with a butter knife)

"I'm the poorest SOB you know, boy." (spends $600+ a month on booze and cigs)

"I got the mail, did the dishes, and took out the trash. What is this? Prohibition? Get me two beers" (Justification on a "hard" day of "work".

"I knew I should have never let the darn dog drive" (after pulling in at home with the front corner of truck dented in)

(While stopping by to visit) "If you're out of beer, you are out of Dad. Catch you later." -- leaves immediately, and for the record, brings his own beer.

"I set all kinds of military records in boot camp. In fact, they should rename it Mikey Camp in my honor. You should have seen me back then."

"Turn it up. Turn it down. Turn it up. Turn it down. Little louder. I said turn it down! GIVE ME THE REMOTE!!" (all in about a 10 minute period)

The list could go on and on and on... *sigh*
Old 07-11-2007, 06:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My AH doesn't like the saying "One day at a time" so he says "Today I'm going to stay sober. Tomorrow I can drink anything I want, and as much as I want, but today I'm going to stay sober" He says that the next morning he wakes up and says it all over again.

The problem is... I suspect he's getting started on tomorrow a little early each night!!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

ya, Free Beer Tomorrow!

you kids have me laughing, crying, and remembering at the same time... what i did to my loved ones...

happy not to be that nit wit anymore!

xxoo, rz
Old 07-12-2007, 07:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

"Nobody has it as bad as I do."

"nobody has ever had to deal with my mental problems, so I self medicate to handle the stress of it. All those psych drugs wont work for me because I have a problem they never heard of before."

I went out with my friends and had some drinks for the first time in a long time since my baby was born, and he followed me around all night;
"look at what a great mother you are you drunk ****"
Old 07-12-2007, 12:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

"Me drinking is no worse than you taking sleep medication or when you take a Xanax...I just choose to self medicate"

"Ohhh...it's always all about you isn't it....(and then in the same breath)...nobody cares about me...none of you would miss me if I weren't here"
Old 07-12-2007, 06:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

"You know, if you had gotten up earlier this morning, I wouldn't have needed to drink. I like to start the day off productive."

"This is YOUR fault"

"Why are promises made? To be broken."

"You should never have to say 'no' to me."

"This is my self-destruction, how dare you interfere, you don't see me bugging you when you're reading US Weekly" (no, I usually don't get to read it, because it spilled a beer on it!)

"I don't mind driving. No really, I don't mind driving." (he can't even walk half the time!)

"If you don't want to, I can find another girl so easily you don't even KNOW"

My Absolute favorite:
"If you really loved me you would!"
Old 07-12-2007, 06:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

Originally Posted by tinkerbellkj View Post

"This is my self-destruction, how dare you interfere, you don't see me bugging you when you're reading US Weekly" (no, I usually don't get to read it, because it spilled a beer on it!)
I like this one. It's audacious in its utter meaninglessness.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

And I forgot this one, though I'm not sure how because I heard it enough.

"I'm so awful, aren't I? I'm so horrible. I haven't done (insert something he did months ago, like took me out to dinner) for you have I?? Have I???"
Old 07-12-2007, 07:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

I don't know why, but this one just flashed in my mind from about 12 years ago, muttered as he left after I tried yet another codie plea for him to be a husband and a father:

"We'll never be a real family as long as (*our 8 year old son*) sits in front of that tv playing video games!"
Old 07-12-2007, 07:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Originally Posted by tinkerbellkj View Post
And I forgot this one, though I'm not sure how because I heard it enough.

"I'm so awful, aren't I? I'm so horrible. I haven't done (insert something he did months ago, like took me out to dinner) for you have I?? Have I???"

Yeah, mine used to always sneer "I'm sorry I'm so worthless....." on the way out the door. I was constantly reminded of something he bought....
Old 07-12-2007, 07:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Oh yeah, I'm on a bit of a roll now....

"Well, you were taking nerve pills!" Of course, never mind that it was the Christmas holidays and my father had just been diagnosed with cancer and my doctor prescribed them.....
Old 07-12-2007, 07:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lostnfound1961 View Post
The other night when we got into it over his drinking he said he didn't understand why (I) had a problem with it. I make it to work don't I? I don't hit you do I? then whats the problem?
Yep, that's a classic one I heard, too.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

This is a great read! OMG, so many familiar ones to me.
'I was headed home after a couple, then so 'n so came in'
'Why can't ya just let me have some fun?'
'What? Aren't you social?'
'you're no fun'
or just plain silence.........
Old 07-13-2007, 03:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You know, after reading through these, I think we should get 'm all together in a big room and have them come up with some new material!! Seems like they all say the same things my XAH said. Do they have a manual or something? LOL
Another of my faves was when XAH would come home from "work", having put in 6 1/2 - 7 hours (self employed), taken several "rides" during the job, and after having drank for a couple hours before coming home. I always kept the house neat, but the outside was a disaster (he was too "burnt out" to work on it on weekends/after work) and the inside was in dire need of a coat of paint. (Go figure, XAH is a painter...) XAH would stumble home, yell for one of the kids to get him a beer, then start squawking about our neighbor saying hello to him...the neighbor who has the desk job, coaches little league, keeps the house in repair, etc.~
"That idiot said Hi to me. He couldn't wear my boots for one day!!"
Old 07-13-2007, 04:06 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Guinea,

A therapist I went to once said that Painters, Tar Roofers, and Road Pavers have the highest incidents of addiction...she blamed it on the fumes.

My ex is a painter.

He would come home and his eyes would be blood shot, I'd say "Are you smoking pot?" he would get all mad and say "No, it's just from the paint fumes!" It wasn't.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:35 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Just remembered

"Did you ever think that I tell the TRUTH when I'm drunk????"

"It's always about my drinking isn't it? YOU never do anything wrong."
Old 07-13-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

"the happiest i've ever been has been the years since we have been together"...................my skin would break out into goosebumps, my hair on the back of my neck would stand up, and i would have brain freeze, and think........ooohhhh myyyyy gaaawwwwd!!!!

if thinks this has been good, what would he describe as horrible????

another one that used to blow my mind: you better wake up and see what you have in front of you, before you lose me.

hmmmm....no job, no car, running from legal issues, no family contact, and an alcoholic.

glad i woke up.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:28 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

oh yeah, i'm remembering more now....

"baby, i'm a catch"....said while he was snarling in my face. ok.

"i want you to quit your job and i'm going to support you for a change" ok.

"but i only drink about every 6 weeks or so" ok. but it always ends in jail after a big fiasco, a detox center, then psych ward, then rehab.

"i'm going to do it my way" ok. excuse me while i refuse to watch the crash and burn.

"i hate aa. bunch of brain-fried, near ********, court ordered felons, trying to tell me how i should live???? i don't think so." ok.

"let''s just not go to our meetings tonight, and have our own aa/al-anon combo meeting, just the two of us baby, then we will have a nice dinner" lordy....did you ever feel like running from the house, screaming.......stop the insanity!!!!