I'm back on the pot

Old 07-13-2007, 07:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Guess what, I'm not crazy.

I'm back on the pot

I am real depressed today. I have so much to say and yet I can't fined the words to begin. I feel empty yet so full of emotion that I can't breath. How is it, I can love him so much one minute and not at all the next. How can I still have feelings for someone else. How come I can't seem to feel those feelings in my self. I look in and theres nothing there. I feel like I missed the boat to happyness. I used to laugh and joke and smile and now I feel like that person has died and I'm just wating for the funeral to be over so I can move on.

What's real hard right now is not having a drink. Well, I know I wont do that but it seems to be in the front of my mined a lot in the last couple weeks.

I am truly lost today.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Lost, hang in there, i to go back and forth with emotions like those, it will pass i'm thinking of you, i know EXACTLY how you are feeling. Take care.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lost-
I am SO sorry that you are feeling this way.
Know that you are NOT alone. Many others have been and ARE where you are at currently. Including me.
We MUST believe that it is possible to return to ourselves- or if we have never been a fan of ourselves- to become the person we want to be.
Remind yourself that having a drink will solve nothing- it will only make things worse.
I use to feel this way when I was going to engage is self-defeating behaviors. I take away even MORE of my power when I do something other than go THROUGH the feelings.

Remind yourself that you will not feel this way forever.
It helps me to gain perspective when I read posts f rom this board, read a print-out that is inspirational or other kind words.
I know the feeling of emptiness, yet uncontrollable emotion as well. Sometimes I just feel like I have so many brands of emotions running through me that I feel so crazy because I'm trying to grasp onto a few and discern what they mean but they are all flying through me so fast.
I guess these are the times that we need to try to get through it moment by moment and give oursevles permission not to understand everything or figure everything out right now.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Guess what, I'm not crazy.

Your correct Heather, I just need to take it one moment at a time. It's nearly time to go home and I am feeling a bit better. He will be at a class tonight and most of the day tomorrow so It will be good to have some alone time. Time to read, write and think.
D