My husabnd has slipped

Old 05-20-2003, 07:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

My husabnd has slipped

My husband is trying to quit and was sober for 13 days and he took a few drinks on the 14th day and lied when I asked about it as well as the same tonite, the 16th day. I approached him with wanting a divorce, a protection against abuse order ( which I dropped ) and my family had turned against him, all of this which he said made him want to quit and he said he no longer had the desire. He has been a heavy whiskey drinker for the last 12 years and is facing a pending felony DUI charge which he is innocent of. This pending charge is driving him nuts and along with the alcohol he has became violent toward me. I am at my limits but decided to give him one more chance recently, only to be lied to and he is showing signs of starting up again. I need help on what I need to do to help him at this point, as I truly believe he wants help but will not reach out for it. any replys will be so greatly appreciated.....thank you
Old 05-20-2003, 07:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Welcome to the forums Jusbecawz,

First off let me say, I can relate to your story. My hubby just drank again after months sober, took my car, drove it under a fence and into a tree and is facing a DUI charge.....not sure what number this is.

I have always been supportive of him when he would seek out sobriety, but ultimately I knew it had to be his choice, he needed to want to stop and there was nothing I could to do to make him stop, no matter what I tried.

So I went to an Al-Anon meeting and I found this site. And now I work on taking care of me, because hubby is the only one who can take care of him. By taking care of me, I can only hope that some of the positive things I have learned over flows to him.

I don't have any great words of wisdom but I just wanted to let you know, you aren't alone. Many share the same things that are going on with you. Take a look around, read the power posts which are stickys at the top of the Al-Anon and Nar-Anon forums, they are very good reading.

I hope you stick around and come to know what a great place this is and how wonderful and supportive everyone is here.

You take care of you.

Many hugs,
Debbie
Old 05-21-2003, 04:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rosedreamer

WHat is the charge that he is not guilty of? Was someone else driving or what?