Old 07-12-2007, 02:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Language of Letting Go - July 12

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Letting Go of Fear of Abandonment

"Where are you, God? Where did you go?"

So many people have gone away. We may have felt so alone so much. In the midst of our struggles and lessons, we may wonder if God has gone away too.

There are wondrous days when we feel God's protection and presence, leading and guiding each step and event. There are gray, dry days of spiritual barrenness when we wonder if anything in our life is guided or planned. Wondering if God knows or cares.

Seek quiet times on the gray days. Force discipline and obedience until the answer comes, because it will.

"I have not gone away child. I am here, always. Rest in me, in confidence. All in your life is being guided and planned, each detail. I know, and I care. Things are being worked out as quickly as possible for your highest good. Trust and be grateful. I am right here. Soon you will see, and know."

Today, I will remember that God has not abandoned me. I can trust that God is leading, guiding, directing, and planning in love each detail of my life.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

"Today, I will remember that God has not abandoned me. I can trust that God is leading, guiding, directing, and planning in love each detail of my life.
Time and hindsight has shown me how true that is. When things don't work out the way I want them to, when God has other plans, I have learned that His plan is a good plan and better than anything I could have asked for.

Just as the seasons change, just as the darkness of night brings a sunrise every morning, I have learned to trust the "process", the natural evolvement of what is supposed to be. Good times may not last forever but neither do bad times, life just happens and spiritually preparing myself to handle whatever comes my way is how I accept and deal with whatever life hands me today.

Hugs
Old 07-12-2007, 05:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Thanks Ann, Sometimes I Think That You Really Do Have All The Answers