relapsed

Old 07-11-2007, 08:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

relapsed

||My son was clean from opiates for 110 days and has relapsed. He is 25 and has a daughter . He just found a new job and says he is trying to stay clean but I don't or I know that he is still using. He has stolen from his brother and sister in the past 2 weeks and I am fed up. Don't know what to do with him. Help me please.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome, I think you would get more responses in this section of the forum.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...tance-abusers/
Old 07-11-2007, 08:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I'm so sorry for your recent heartache, darn I know what your going through,
my son relapsed on mothers day, thankfully he got right back on track but it took an overdose to get him back on. hopefully your son can get there again, keep yourself as sane as you can under the circumstances and remember her doesn't want to be a junkie, pray for him to come back to sobriety.

thoughts and prayers for you
Old 07-11-2007, 11:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Beverly,

I wish I had advice for you, but I can only imagine your pain. I am fortunate enough to not have to experience that yet...

My only other thought is, are you going to Naranon meetings? If you are, then I hope you cling to them, and maybe even up your attendance if possible. If not, now might be a great time to start. In fact, his siblings need to think about going to meetings as well... please give them my warm wishes, as I know their position all too well.

You can't help him as long as you're not taking care of yourself.

*hugs and prayers*
Old 07-12-2007, 03:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

"You can't help him as long as you're not taking care of yourself." Well said Lady.

This will just have to run it's course, let's hope he hops back on the recovery train, it is his decision, his recovery.

My Best,
Old 07-12-2007, 03:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome, Beverly. I too am the mother of an addict and know your pain.

Take a good read around this forum, especially the "sticky" posts at the top. That will help you understand a little more about addiction and that we all have been where you are.

Something that helped me was to find meetings and to begin a recovery program for me, which helped me keep my balance in times like this.

My prayers go out for all of you.

Hugs
Old 07-12-2007, 05:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You are in my prayers,
susan
Old 07-12-2007, 06:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Beverly........I just had the same thing happen to my daughter over the week-end. I was just wondering how many more of her relapses I can take. It was not a pretty sight and it takes so much out of me. It seems she is back on track again. I have no other choice but to pick myself up, dust myself off and stick firm to my boundries. I know how hard it is, but don't give into it. Stay strong.

Prayers for you and your son...........Lo
Old 07-12-2007, 06:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome, Beverly;

I also have a son addicted to opiates--he had five years clean before relapsing; then another 4-5 months, then another relapse--

I have other loved family members who are addicted/alcoholics; but it is different with my child. I have never felt so helpless as when he used, and then relapsed.

I've learned, and relearned, and am still relearning, that I am truly helpless over his decisions on drugs -- we didn;t cause it, we can't control it and we can;t cure it. Believe me, if I and the other folks on this board could love, or threaten, or teach or find any way at all to drag our children into sobreity, there would be nothing except sobriety in the world.

All we can do is detach, with love...

Our kids are off on their own journey, and tho I could point out each and every pothole, my son isn;t using my map. He's sober now, but this really truly is a one day at a time thing.
At the worst, I realized I only had to get through 24 hours. Then I could figure out the next 24. And this s a 24/7 board.

Is there an al-anon group in your area? Sometimes it's easier to find one than nar-anon....

hugs and prayers to you, (((((((((beverly)))))))
Old 07-12-2007, 06:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My son has been clean now for 2 months. I think I'm the one counting the days, not him. I keep thinking that the longer he stays clean, and his body and brain heal the better. But after reading your posts above, I realize that it can happen at any time. It's weird how even when they get a clear head, they sometimes go back to starting the vicious cycle all over again. It really is scary.

Hugs and prayers to you and all of us going through the same thing.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

i am also the mom of an a.s. welcome to S.R... this site has saved my sanity.it has taught me that i can not do anything to keep my son clean & sober.i can not fix anybody but my self.read the stickys at the top of the forun"what addicts do" has helped me alot.also the 3c's..i did not CAUSE it, i can not CONTROL IT & i can not CURE it.read around,you are not alone.keep coming back saying a prayer for you & your son.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
let it grow!

relapse is tough. my daughter has been working on recovery from alcohol and cocaine addiction since last september and she has relapsed twice. i think for some folks, relapse is just part of the process? is your son still seeing therapist or getting treatment support?

what about you - alanon meetings? they really help me.

blessings, k