Kinda proud of myself....finally!

Old 07-11-2007, 07:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

Kinda proud of myself....finally!

Hi friends, I'm on a little 'break' from the terror of my daughter's illness. The tumor is still there, and she had been scheduled for the major surgery, however on a scan there were some suspicious spots in her lungs they thought was metastasis. We've had 3 weeks of feeling destroyed, but a repeat scan yesterday showed the spots to be gone. Maybe related to a pneumonia. Anyway, now she has to wait another couple weeks to get the surgery, cuz of coursed Surgeon thinks he needs a vacation!
ANYWay, SO many times I have wanted to call my ex A for support.....so close, But would pause and realize it would only harm me in the long run.....
I didn't call!!!!!!!
It has been almost a year since the final 'blow up'. I've not seen him in 11 months which in this small rural area is unbelievable, but I actually have protected myself from seeing him and am not going to bars where he has his outings. It is the only way I could recover, especially in those early months. Only an occasional email report to him on my daughter and his replies are so warm and inviting......very tempting when going thru this virtually alone.
Thank God for the strength and recovery I got here in those early months to prepare me. Miss you......will be back soon........
Old 07-11-2007, 07:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Miss you too.....

But celebrate your strength hon.....

Yep your getting so much more healthy.... Luv ya
Old 07-11-2007, 08:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cmc

mazey,
It's nice to hear from you and I'm so glad her lungs are clear. Thanks for the update and for sharing your great ESH with us.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm so glad to hear the news about her scans!! Sending you (all) love,hugs and prayers!!

Stop in with an update when you can!
Old 07-11-2007, 09:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Thanks for stopping in! Huggs and prayers
Old 07-12-2007, 04:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

miss you too, linda.........heated prayers still going up for you and your daughter.

just keep thinking of our soldiers that we got last christmas....you know what? i never packed mine away....i put him on my ficus tree so i could always have him year round, and think of what you said....."march on"

take care, my friend
jeri
Old 07-12-2007, 04:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So glad she has good scans hun.....that has to be good news for you.....

As for the ex.....stay the course and stay strong. Just when they get all nice again thats when we cave in...don't go there ok.

Good to hear from you...
Old 07-12-2007, 07:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

Thanks for your ongoing support and friendships.
Hey, Jeri, I'm getting mine back out and doing the same. I could use a soldier right now.....
I do miss you so much here....
There are so many new hurting people from the A disease here. when I get back on regularly I look forward to sharing encouragement to them. And share with us STILL trying to recovery every day.....
Old 07-12-2007, 05:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So good to hear from you! Sorry for all you've been through and continue going through. Keep us posted when you can.

Thinking of you.

~ghm