goin through addict bf withdrawl

Old 07-11-2007, 09:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

goin through addict bf withdrawl

whats the best way to get over him when you have broken it off..

he is respecting me and not calling or tryin to see me

but today i miss him so bad L i hate this missing feeling i know he is totally wrong and i dont want to be with him anymore

how do any of you deal with that missing feeling please all the advice welcomed! i dont want to fall back in with him yet again!!!
Old 07-11-2007, 09:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Keep busy, surround yourself with good friends. I went out and bought a dog after giving my ex the boot LOL. I figured financially it just made better sense. Take a night class, volunteer at a church or local community center. Just stay busy and when you have some down time, I used to like to write in a journal. It helped get out how I was feeling at that moment.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

What has worked for me : Use the pain as a vehicle for growth. Go to alanon or a counselor. Stay close with your gal pals & your mom, If you think about calling him, call one of them instead.
Nothing like friend therapy. Begin a daily exercise habit. Remember your strength and that this too shall pass. You will be grateful that you made the right decision
Old 07-11-2007, 10:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When all else fails and I feel needy I go to my moms and either lay in her lap or get a real good hug from stepdad
Old 07-11-2007, 10:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

MOM AND dad are def not an option for me part of the reason im in this situation needy for a man
Old 07-11-2007, 10:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by classysista View Post
MOM AND dad are def not an option for me part of the reason im in this situation needy for a man

I don't think I understand. What does your parents being def have to do with being needy for a man??
Old 07-11-2007, 10:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ive gone into my office manager for a hug before too
Old 07-11-2007, 11:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
loves - i think she meant DEF as in most definitely.....

OOPS..........now don't I feel a little silly ..........sorry bout the misunderstanding. I thought maybe your parents couldn't hear. I need a nap.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

When we get strong enough to separate from the addicts that are hurting us, we go through withdrawal too. Just like they do. They get this craving, they want it so bad, and they just give in and go get some more of their drug.

We want the same thing. We miss them so bad. We just want another dose of them, another hit.

What would you tell an addict to do? Keep your mind busy, stay away from your drug, find your joy somewhere else, go see a movie, find a project or an art you like doing, be with healthy friends and any healthy family members you've got, go to a meeting, go see a counselor and let it all out, come here and let it all out , go do some hard physical exercise somehow, get out of your head and get your body & mind moving on something that's good for your life. If a boyfriend is the only source of joy in your life right now, find some other ones. A bunch of them. Put any human being at the center of your happiness and you give them all control over your life. You know?

It's hard. This is the hardest part, and it's the time when addicts usually cave in and go back, because they can't figure out what to do to go around the cravings, or they don't want to figure it out.

You can do this.....it's just gonna be hard for a little while. It's a physical addiction, a habit, just like theirs.

Love and strength,
GiveLove