So Grateful for this place (SR)

Old 07-11-2007, 09:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So Grateful for this place (SR)

I have not logged on in a very long time. I left VA to come to Iraq in Jan. Prior to deploying, I separated from my husband and all I could do was get out of bed and log on to SR and CRY!!!!. Thanks to so many of you who listened to me, I learned so much and went to several AlAnon meetings and was able to get back to me and to my recovery, thank God because there is no way that I could be over here doing my job if I hadn't given his "stuff" back to my AXH and taken my "stuff" out of the relationship with me to work on alone.

Since I have been here, I have logged on several times but I haven't posted until tonight. I am a recovering alcoholic myself and I have not had any meetings to go to but I have been able to read posts and listen to cd's and read and keep sane. I have had a dear girlfriend email me and tell me about the trouble she was in with her alcholic boyfriend. I just told her to come to the site and log on. She was able to draw from the strength of the group too. SR is a great place. You are keeping me sober and sane while I am out here in the desert. Thanks so much.

Oh when I left, I had to cut communication with my husband because every time we talked, I wasn't strong enough to not get crushed. It is funny how selfish he is in that he sends me care packages with no note no nothing just magazines and junk food. I don't like that when I get them, I start thinking about him which is probably exactly what he wants. I just give away the items. I do have lots of crazy dreams about the life I was living when I was with him. All the lies, insanity, money issues, yelling, all nighters....ugh...I am glad I have realized that I am worth more than that and have had the strength through you and family and friend to do something about it. Thanks so much.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Glad you're here, NC! Welcome back. Thank you for sharing your ESH with us, and for reaching out to others.

I'm grateful to people like you who serve our country.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
So sick of Love songs

((NoChoice))

I know the desert can be cruel (dad just got back from his 3rd tour in Iraq)
Keep posting and let us know how you are doing!
If you need anything let us know - I am sure we can all get you a care package full of stuff you will keep!

Stay safe & thank you for your service!
Old 07-11-2007, 10:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Finally gettin it

NC..this is the right place. Glad you are here..
Old 07-11-2007, 10:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes!

This is a great place to share and learn. Thank God for this forum and thank YOU and others who serve this great country. God bless you and hurry home.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back NoChoice....let me start off by saying that YOU are my hero. I have a son in the army and I know what you are going through....you are very very very brave. And I thank you for all that you are doing for me and mine.

We are here for you at all times day or night ...just remember that ok. I will be happy to send you a little care package...pm me with your address and then just sit back and wait for it ok...lol

Stay the course hunny and stay brave.

((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))

Janitw
Old 07-11-2007, 12:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

((NoChoice))
I'm from Canada, but wanted you to know, we think about you guys tooooo!! You are in our prayers, and praying for a safe return!!!

Thanks for what you are doing for all people. Glad you found SR!! Glad you're here!!

Old 07-11-2007, 01:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
cmc

It's nice to hear from you again NC. I'm so grateful for your service. I hope you can continue to log on and share here whenever you have the chance. Thanks for the update.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thank you for sharing your update NC

My gratitude for all you and for all who
serve in the name of freedom.

Be as safe as possible
Prayers winging your way.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad you posted and happy you got to share with us.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm another Canadian who is grateful for my American neighbours and all those who serve from your country and mine.

Please know that our prayers are with you.

Hugs
Old 07-12-2007, 04:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

my prayers are with you.thank you for all u do for our country.you are one of our heros.we are here for you.come back when you can.hugs,
Old 07-12-2007, 10:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks for all your love and support. The place where I am is alot better and alot less dangerous than where alot of people are over here. It is hard to be away from home and my support but it is definitely not as bad as it could be. I am grateful for that. I am a Supply Officer so I am usually "in the rear with the gear" and generally that means out of harms way. There are so many that go outside the wire on a regular basis and of course there are those hat are outside the wire all the time. Thank you so much for all of your notes and kind words. I am really glad to be here doing what I do for our country and for you. Besides, with all the crap that went on in my life last year, this is the perfect place to be...I find so much to be grateful for every day.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Originally Posted by Janitw View Post
Welcome back NoChoice....let me start off by saying that YOU are my hero. I have a son in the army and I know what you are going through....you are very very very brave. And I thank you for all that you are doing for me and mine.

We are here for you at all times day or night ...just remember that ok. I will be happy to send you a little care package...pm me with your address and then just sit back and wait for it ok...lol

Stay the course hunny and stay brave.

((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))

Janitw

Ditto on the care package! Super Hero is what you are NC along with the others-I pray for all of you all the time-Astounding at the courage in all of our troops.

I'm so happy that you are on the right path within your own mind and what went on with your AH-it is amazing when we start to see the light and then our own path begins to become clear-we know we are on our way!

Blessings many of them ((((HUGS)))
Old 07-15-2007, 04:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

((((nochoice)))

Thank you...from the bottom of my heart...for serving our country. I'm glad you have a connection thru SR...I'm glad this place gives you strength and comfort. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers...
Old 07-15-2007, 06:04 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Fool To Do Your Dirty Work

((((nc))) - Thank You For Sharing And Thank You For Serving Our Great Country.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:04 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

(((NC)))) My thanks,too for your service to our wonderful country! You will be in my thoughts and prayers,too. Stay safe and know how much we appreciate you and what you and the others with you are doing.

Please keep us updated,as you can.