Notices

Too new.... too confused.... too everything

Old 07-08-2007, 07:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Too new.... too confused.... too everything

I'm 17. I spent 6 months NOT sober. From December 2006 to May 2007 I was doing coke everyday. I was doing DXM everyday. I was smoking weed everyday (multiple times a day).... drinking every day. I basically didn't want to be alive. Then May 11th I got caught by my mom... sent to my dean at school... tested... and then sent to drug therapy. But I've slipped up 3 times...... since May 11th my mom's caught me drunk. I still say I've been clean for almost 2 months... because I have. But I definitely haven't been sober. I have a lot of **** going on in my life... mainly my dad abandoning me.....but not abandoning my two sisters. It's hard to explain. My mom's boyfriend pushed me last Tuesday night and I can honestly say I never thought that would happen to me. I just wish I could stop slipping up and ******* things up.... for my mom's sake.... she doesn't deserve a daughter like me. Someone please, please help. I'm losing my mind.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Carpe Diem

Hi asl,

I am so sorry you are going through all this! Hang in there. You've have done the right thing by admitting you have a problem and coming to look for help. Please stay strong and care for yourself. If you can get to an AA or NA meeting, that would be helpful to. Please reach out for as much help as you can. Don't be embarrassed, we were all there once. Take care!
Old 07-08-2007, 07:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Talk to your mom + counselor and tell them about your struggles and using. Ask them for help. Instead of hiding it from your mom, share your struggles honestly so that she can figure out how to get you the recovery program that you need. If your life cont. to go off the rails it will be hard to turn it around. I know bec. my 23 yr. old son who was a high school football player and in the gifted program with college acceptance lost it all due to drugs. He is 23 and struggles. He is NOT the same man he would have been bec he is an addict. Don't let this happen to you. If only my son had come to me his senior yr. of h.s. and asked for help, just maybe, he'd have a different life now. Instead he kept his drug abuse a secret and then it progressed to addiction.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Welcome to SR Asl. We will help you if you will let us. There is some great Experience, Strength and Hope (ES&H).

First let me say there are some GREAT Young People's AA meetings in Santa Monica. Call the AA phone number in the phone book and ask where one close to you is. There you will find others who have been where you are now or are where you are now.

Second, venting here will help a lot. The next time you feel like messing up come here instead and post a thread. Get the 'stuff' out that is making you crazy. It does help a lot.

Third, maybe sit down with your mom, tell her you know you have been messing up, and ask her if you can get sme therapy with an addiction therapist, and that you would like to try AA. I am positive your mom would be very agreeable to helping you. Please understand your mom is probably really scared for you right now, so you coming to her and asking for more help will go quite a ways in giving her a little relief from her fear for you.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing, we do care very much!!! You can rant, rave, scream, cry and laugh here, it does help.

Love and hugs,
Old 07-08-2007, 08:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Listen to Laurie6781, cuz she is one smart gal who knows what she is talking about. I respect her greatly.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nice to meet you, asl. i'm the mom of an alcoholic/addict daughter. my daughter is 23. she goes to aa (young people meetings) and has had inpatient/outpatient treatment. she is seeing an addiction therapist. she's had some relapses. but she doesn't lose hope.

her dad and i go to alanon and get private counseling.

we've had some family counseling as well.

as a mom, i can tell you this - we have to recover too. we are affected by the addiction in different ways than you, but we also struggle.

blessings, and keep posting! k
Old 07-09-2007, 06:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I am glad you found us and that you're looking for support. There is lots of information and support here and here are also some links for teens that might help you:

http://www.12stepforums.net/teens.html
http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?forumID=42762
http://www.12stepforums.net/chatroom4.html