Let's proclaim this day..........

Old 07-08-2007, 05:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Let's proclaim this day..........

Friends,

Why not proclaim this a special day for all of us on the SR board? Let's proclaim it National TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF DAY! List something you will do to take care of yourself and give you some enjoyment. I'll go first........
I plan to go to the beach, enjoy a good "beach book" for my reading and just relax. I am only going to think about how I am blessed to have this opportunity to unwind and then I am going to think of all the things I truly have to be thankful for. Then when I come in I am going to make a "to do list" for Monday to get myself organized to start my Monday off right. Simple but I think it will work for me. my best to all of you.........dixied
Old 07-08-2007, 05:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i'm taking the train down to the city for a free outside concert. it's gonna be HOT - about 100!
Old 07-08-2007, 05:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sounds like a great idea to me, Dixied!!

Today I will head to the book store and buy some new reading material, then stop at the grocers to pick up some Cool Whip to put on my fresh strawberries that I bought yesterday...yum.

Taking care of ourselves, not last behind taking care of everyone else but first, took me a while to learn but it comes easy today and makes my life much more livable.

Hugs
Old 07-08-2007, 05:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

My sister, her grandson, and I plan on going to a state park for swimming, picnicing, and sunning carefully. Later, grocery store, as I am out of sugar and can't make my mom's famous sweet tea, on the stove. Everybody loves that tea.
Sending all, a Sunday mornin' prayer,
Linda
Old 07-08-2007, 06:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

first off this morning tennis is on so i will watch that with my husband.later on we will ride to the grocery store & pick up some some stamps so i can get my oldest sons b-day card in the mail. we have a canalope in the frid....yummy,we are going to cut it today. nothing special but quite is nice.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I already took the dogs for a l-o-n-g walk. I'm gonna spend the rest of the day (It's real hot and humid) in the AC drawing, watching old movies, Lifetime, and the Red Sox on TV. Might even take a nap!!!
Old 07-08-2007, 07:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

well I love the idea, I think I'll e-mail all my friends and tell them that this is National Take Care Of Yourself Day, so they can enjoy it with us.

I am going to a baby shower today but after that I think I'll go to Barnes and Noble for a book as well, I want to get the book that was suggested on here, it's called mother and daughter something but I'll figure the title out and find it. Then maybe I'll float in the pool for abit. Hey, I like this idea, oh I said that already didn't I. lol
Old 07-08-2007, 08:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Since it is raining and will be hot this afternoon, I think that I will stay in the AC and watch Pirates I and II. I just get lost in watching Johnny and all of my problems just disappear I have started to try to eat right. I found that I was filling the hole in my soul with too much food. Ate my way to 10 unwanted pounds, so I am eating good healthy food minus the trans fat. Eating more fruit and less sugar. Have lost a couple of pounds and want to have my pants fit when I return to school. Will probably take a walk later this evening and weed my flowers. Maybe a nap this afternoon. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-08-2007, 02:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

I will! I will stay home and watch movies, just for me!!
Old 07-09-2007, 04:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

today i am going to see an old friend.today is her birthday.she will be 80yrs. old.she only lives about 30miles from me & i am ashamed that i have not been to see her in 2 yrs.i worked with her about 10yrs at the hospital before she retired.she is a dear lady & i am looking forward to seeing her.today is her day buit i am making it mine too.