Notices

I want to quit so bad!

Old 07-05-2007, 12:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
4am

Unhappy I want to quit so bad!

I got so drunk last night. I'm surprised I didn't overdose. I can't even remember most of the night and I have cuts and bruises all over me.

I'm so scared that I won't be able to quit.

I want to quit today... But what about next week? I'm just so sad. I've messed up really bad.

I am so depressed today. Please help! Tell me it's possible to quit!

I'm a "binge" drinker... Man it sucks...
Old 07-05-2007, 12:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard, 4AM!

We're glad you're here. Hope is within reach! It is possible to stop and stay stopped. Don't focus on next week or next month. Don't even worry about being sober for tomorrow. All you have is today. After a while, you won't even think about it twice.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

You have found a place where people understand your feelings.

I am glad that you want to quit drinking. Take a look around the boards and you'll feel at home.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nice to meet you, 4am - recovery is possible. keep posting! k
Old 07-05-2007, 12:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR - as you can see, many here understand where you are at - we have all been there at one time or another, or know someone who has.

I hope you keep posting - as it's been said, recovery IS possible.
My best to you.

Rowan
Old 07-05-2007, 12:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm new at this as well. I got so drunk last weekend. I drank from Friday to Sunday night nonstop. I had the worse hangover that lasted 2 1/2 days (which I've had many times in the past) I really thought I was going to die. I'm also a Binge drinker and have been for many years. I am now on Day 4 of sobriety and feel great today. Yesterday was the 1st July 4th that I didn't get drunk. I made sure I wasn't going to put myself in situations where I know I'll be tempted. Get some support, go to a meeting before it kills you. I hated going to meetings because of my pride. I went to my first meeting on Wednesday of this past week and I'm going to one tonight. I still feel ashame of my problem (I'll get over it, I know) but at least I know I'm not alone. Hearing these people horror drinking stories and hearing from them the months and years of sobriety, gives me so much hope that I know I can do it as well. This drinking problem will not get better. It will only get worse. I know that if I pick up that first drink you might as well plan my funeral. (They probably won't be able to cremate me because the building will blow up in flames (ha! - just kidding). Keep reading these post here on this board. I read it for months before I decided to join. When I can't get to a meeting. I come here. We are here for you - together we can become strong.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
So sick of Love songs

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today!
Old 07-05-2007, 01:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

4am... you can do it... I quit... it will get better... believe it can get better. For me I had to believe that. I stopped because I was so afraid it would continue to get worse.

The great thing is that... it did. I quit drinking. I used AA. WHAT GREAT SUPPORT... this site... and I am sober and HAPPY... I was soooo depressed... today I am happy... very happy...

You can do it!
Old 07-05-2007, 01:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi 4am yes it is possible but you have to want to do it! and its not going to be easy! You know if someone said to me nearly 3 months ago that I wasnt going to drink anymore I would of being very defensive "yes I will " "its my way of coping etc. I used to drink two bottles of wine every second night and can well remember the hangovers the feeling of being sick UGGGH!! DO NOT MISS IT. yes you will have bad days but guess what, you learn to deal with the bad days without reaching for a bottle!! the first week is going to be horrible thats when if you can confide in your friends family. You cant do this alone!! find out about AA see if its for you and read read, Read here!! I come here every day, twice sometimes to read the posts to remind me what alcohol disiese(sP) is like. please post here as much as you can we are here for you :0)
Ang
Old 07-05-2007, 01:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Another Day in Paradise

Welcome. The person with the most sobriety on this post is which ever one of us got up 1st this morning! For those of us who are seriously alcoholic it is and always will be one day at a time. I know it is kind of a silly saying, but we are after all silly folks. You will find sobriety by yourself, but you don't have to do it alone.

Best wishes, and remember, none of us wanted to end up writing on these posting sites, or sitting in AA meetings, but when the alternative is the grave or the gutter AA looks pretty good to me.

Please keep in touch and know that we all started with day one. When you decide that one drink won't hurt, as you may very well do when the pain and shame of last night wears off, please keep this old saying in mind. WHEN YOU ARE HIT BY A TRAIN, IT ISN'T THE CABOOSE THAT KILLS YOU!

Be good to yourself.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome again...
I replied to your post in Alcoholism
Old 07-05-2007, 04:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome 4am
as you can see, lots of good advice here.
hope to see you around

D
Old 07-07-2007, 02:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Nae

4am, welcome. it is so good to see you here.