Notices

scared

Old 07-04-2007, 09:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Namaste

scared

I am not sure I can be completely sober. I am really sad about this. Well, I believe I can, but havnt yet, and that makes me sad. I feel alone in a way. I just want to feel like not doing any drinking or drugs is not a big deal. But its like, when I tell myself I CANT do something, I want to do it more.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hugs
What have you been doing to get
clean and sober?

I use AA for rrecovery from my alcoholism.

It takes action and that could be
a talk with your doctor for starters.
Counseling helps many people cope.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

willpower is not the answer. Your thinking got you where you are. So ya need to live your life differently. Get into a recovery program. Wanting to stop using and get clean takes more than wishful thinking. This is bringing you down. Get into a recovery program. You are capable of changing but it takes action.Get into a recovery program.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Carpe Diem

Just trying to avoid thinking about using is not going to work, period. Abstinence may get you so far, but it isn't recovery. Recovery is where you are taking an active role in helping yourself be premanently (with any hope) free of addiction. You're going to have to choose if you have had it with your old way of life and want something new and better for yourself. You'll have to decide if you've hit rock bottom yet. We all hit that at one point and many of us don't have to guess whether or not we have but think about it. If you want to change, you need to find help and willpower to change, not just to avoid drugs.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Nice, Duck!!!

well said!
Old 07-05-2007, 10:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

You've gotten a lot of good suggestions so far; one of the first things I might suggest you do is.....

you say, "I am not sure I can be completely sober..." .......... well, you're absolutely right; with this kind of thinking/attitude you won't be able to.....soooooooo..........

CHANGE your THINKING/ATTITUDE..... (o:

There's a lot to be said for 'the power of positive thinking' or 'you sow what you reap' or 'The Principle of Mind/Thought....Action: Thoughts held in mind produce after their kind.'

You'll hear a lot, in AA anyway, that you can act your way into right thinking.....pure POPPYCOCK! Thoughts do NOT follow actions; actions follow thought. There's never been an action where a thought didn't preceed it, even if only subconsciously

So, whether you believe in God and that you're created in His image or not, just remember that you have the power within you....you CAN get sober!!!!! So pick up some of the previously mentioned suggestions anf....GOFORIT..... (o:

NoelleR
DOS: 6/23/86
Old 07-05-2007, 10:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
let it grow!

just one day at a time, misscat. blessings, k
Old 07-05-2007, 11:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Misscat View Post
I am not sure I can be completely sober.
"Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path".

AA can help you achieve sobriety, but ultimately the decision comes down to you. If you're ready, there is a way.