Notices

PAWS

Old 06-29-2007, 07:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Paws

Does post acute withdrawl syndrome climax around 3-6 months for most recoveing alcoholics? This is because I'm at 77 days sober and sometimes I feel like I'm stuck in week one. I have some improvement but overall I still feel like crap. The worst is sleep inconsistency. I can't count on two days in a row to get good sleep! I am also under stress because of my job and the odd hours required by it. This is the same job I've been doing for 12 years without any problems and now I feel so helpless. I pray to God that there some sort of relief down the road because its getting hard to stay on board. The only thing that keeps me from drinking is the that I don't want to ever go through what I've gone through the past 2 1/2 months the rest of my life!!
Old 06-29-2007, 08:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hope3

For me, paws was fluctuating. I was on cloud nine around 20 days.

then I was ready to kill or scream at anything around 30 days. 40 days

to about 60 I was on cloud nine again...90 day mark I was up and down..

It seems that around the 5th month I hit a steady consistant peace, and I am 7 months sober now.

I think it varies for everyone, depending on many other issues. But hang in there, this to shall pass..if not see a doctor, maybe something else is going on..

best wishes hope3/4
Old 06-29-2007, 08:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes..seeing a doctor is wise
but I remember I balanced out
around 3 months.

Blessings
Old 06-29-2007, 08:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

I was the PAWS QUEEN, hon...
you could look it up and there's be my pic -
walking into a table!

It seemed to REALLY jump when I'd get startled, or stressed.
Then - I'd be putting houseshoes in the fridge,
and the laundry in the dishwasher and stuff like that there.

That was when it was at its' worst.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ljhill11

i have been a drinker since age 12-i'm 41 now. i quit for 7 years in 95, but started again slowly at a friend's birthday dinner when we received complimentary champaign. it took about a year for it to escalate to the powerless phase. i had convinced myself i could drink a few here & there, but over time it escalated into daily drinking binges. i have a lot of time on my hands, so it's easy to have a bottle or 2 of wine in the afternoon, and since i rise at 3am, drinking at 11 am was normal for me. everything else in my life followed in a very negative way-bad eating habits, rudeness to friends, hatred for myself & everyone else, a horrible fat puffy face, a big ugly belly, and stinking of booze all the time (even thought i tried to convince myself no one could tell). after 5 years of out-of-control drinking with some drug abuse, i just got tired of feeling & looking like crap all the time. and, incidently, i teach yoga, which is detrimental to my practice & my career. so i've now been 28 days sober, feel a hell of a lot better, and have been dieting over 2 weeks, including fasting & plenty of whole organic raw foods. this diet has taken my mind off of the booze, as i love to cook & make salads, chop fruits. so i don't really think about getting trashed or even buzzed anymore (i used to drink a bottle of wine while cooking) and i have not needed to go to aa. i had tried in the past, but i did not like it. too many people giving me their phone numbers, too many creeps trying to pick me up. and the meetings made me feel like a big loser. i'm better off doing it on my own, as i am a very intense & strong person who tends to sometimes waste that energy on destructive things like bad food, bad attitude, toxic booze, and drugs. things are looking up, as i do another water fast tomorrow for moon day. it's all good, and my life is already better. the depression is gone, i am happier, and feel better about myself. i think establishing a really hardcore healthy diet is a big key.
thank you for all of the interesting & informative posts.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi ljhill11...Welcome to SR!