The Double Dog Dare for Liveweyerd

Old 06-29-2007, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

The Double Dog Dare for Liveweyerd

I'm a 33 year old female, no children or marriage, not an addict or in any recovery of any sort. I live on the east coast and i love the beach more than ever! I live there on the weekends in the summer. I love to shop, hang out with friends and have fun. I'm leaving for a camping trip with my brother and his girlfriend this weekend for the 4th of july which should be fun, provided it doesn't rain! We have a pop up camper at least so we should stay dry. We will be right on the Saco River so tubing shoud be a good time!

Trying to find myself once again, which is a hard thing to do but trying! I started Al Anon a few weeks back and they told me last night i seemed better, even though i pulled in the parking lot teary eyed! But that's part of the process. I love my group and wish the hour could be 3 when i'm there! I spoke with a sponsor who did make things clearer for me from her past experiences in her family. Jezzeee i'm not one to write about myself and it feels weird but it was indeed a dare!!!! Thanks for that Live!!

hbb
Old 06-29-2007, 07:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Do you live in Maine?

I live in NC
Old 06-29-2007, 07:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

no, MA
Old 06-29-2007, 07:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

have you been to college? if so what did you study...
Old 06-29-2007, 07:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Ya, i got an associates in Office Admin., been at my job 8 years now!
Old 06-29-2007, 08:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

You must like your job pretty good to be there 8 years do you have good benefits and perks?
Old 06-29-2007, 08:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Its ok, the family is wonderful to work for, i work for a father, son and daughter. So it's small which isn't a perk but they definately treat me like family and i can stand on my own with this job at the moment. What do you do? I often thought about NC because it was warmer and on the coast, do you like it there....i can't afford to live in a paper bag here, not going to be able to stay without roommates!!
Old 06-29-2007, 08:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I love it hbb!

Wow, I would love to go tubing! Yes, I am jealous.! Definately!

I was only 4 credit hours short of an associates in liberal arts and then life began falling apart and I didn't finish. I just made some inquiries yesterday about online courses...I can't believe how expensive they are!!!!
So, I think I will try (try) to save up enough to go to local communtiy college for a course in Spanish. I really want to be fluent!

I have depression and etc, so it is kind of hard for me to have and make goals, but that is one I am hanging onto.

I hear you about the price of housing. I often wonder...I just don't know how people make it!!!! We barely get by. My husband is a disabled vet and the pension wouldn't get us a cardboard box either. My illness and etc has gotten in the way of my working. I did have a professional career but just can't handle it anymore. Then I was cleaning houses with a lady for practically nothing part time according to her schedule and for reasons involving others (not my husband, but you know...those that we aren't talking about) and illness problems I quit that Monday. If we hadn't lucked onto unbelievable low rent I don't know how we'd make it. We scrape by as it is, but some how we always get from month to month.

I have traveled quite a bit in the past but have always wanted to see the northeast.
My next fantasy travel destination is the Bay of Fundy? Have you heard of it? It is supposed to be the only place like it in the whole world with the tides and etc. And I love seafood!

I love to read. So, I was thinking I wouldn't mind being in a camper listening to it rain and curling up with a book. I'd love it. But then, you are going to be sort of in a crowd and that is different.

I am 47, married obviously, this is my 2d marriage and we are just short of our 2d anniversary. I have a grown daughter and yesterday we were just blessed with my second grandson. His name is Eli. She lives in Indiana and boy, I am having pangs to be there right now!

I am glad we can write about ourselves and get to know one another. We are indeed bigger than our problems and struggles.

Boy! I keep thinking about tubing down a river! I have never done that and is sounds so grand!

Just in case you are interested there is a thread in f & f of substance abuse called penny for your thoughts where we just talk about everyday stuff and occasionally the bs of those other things. Please feel welcome to join in! It's everything from joking around to recipes and sometimes griping,...whatever just life one day at a time.

I am awfully glad you took the dare!
More than you know.
So don't be shy, k?

hugs,
live
Old 06-29-2007, 08:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wow...I just wrote a huge post and lost it! GRRRRR.

I'll try again after I cool down.

Anyway I am so glad you took the dare, more than you know. We are so much more than our problems and struggles.

Crap, I almost wrote my autobiography and it is GONE
Old 06-29-2007, 08:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well, there it is...how did that happen?

Rolling my eyes?!
Old 06-29-2007, 08:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

I'm so glad to have taken the dare too! I've been beaten and beating myself down enough for not doing anything wrong. And actually at the moment got a text from a friend that is 6 months sober and hitting her first depression. A real eyeopener how things can come full circle sometimes. She's been there for me the past 3 weeks and now i can be there for her

Yes, tubing should be great! Just to sit in the sun should be even better for me!! My brother's gf and i get along great, even though she's only 22, she's been through ALOT in her life which as forced her to be more mature and open. I haven't heard of that place you mentioned but i love seafood too! Living in Mass. is the best, we are 20 minutes from Plymouth so anytime i want it it's near.

To touch on school, i wish i went to a 4 year program, not for me, didn't like school. Barely scooted by but i did and thats good! I will check out that forum, thanks for the advice. I really used to be a blast and have alot of fun and hoping that comes back without alot of set back. I keep thinking if it's meant to be it will be......
Old 06-29-2007, 08:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

((((applause)))))
When I first read your post hbb I was truly amazed. I really thought ..wow..what a healthy post... isn't this the same person all twisted and bent up about the ex? I didn't really clue into the dare until I read your other thread. VERY powerful. Great suggestion liveweyerd!
Old 06-29-2007, 08:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Hey Nu, delete some emails, i responded but your mailbox is full and it's pending!! lol i've been waiting to resend!!!! thanks!!
Old 06-29-2007, 09:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Fire away..box is empty.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Hope3

Hi hbb, I love camping as well, and hope you

have a great time on the Saco river, tubbing sounds

fun too.

Hope3
Old 06-29-2007, 09:34 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

What a great post, hbb! I did a double take because I truly wondered if that was the same hbb as your other threads!

I love camping and so did/does ABF but he is plain unreliable now so I realized a few months ago that I have to make my own plans. I've just moved to a new house so will be settling in over the next few months and might do a bit of travelling (but no camping) in my area later this summer when friends come out to visit. If I can't get away anywhere for long weekends I console myself with the fact that I live half-a-block from the open Pacific. It's a long weekend up here too....our July 1st...so yeah, lol, I've heard of the Bay of Fundy!

Have FUN! this weekend, hbb!

ARL
Old 06-29-2007, 09:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Have you been there Real Lady? Is it all I imagine? I have looked it up on the web.

I just have to tell everybody....I just read one of the best posts I have ever seen....I highly recommend it to one and all....it is in F&F substance and is title Letter to Myself.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:01 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

I took your advice and went to read it, ironically enough my name is Heather too, talk about a parallel of how i'm feeling inside too, she seems stronger though at this point. All morning i was light and happier and now after lunch, not so good!!
Old 06-29-2007, 12:16 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm glad to get to know YOU too, hbb ((()))
Old 06-29-2007, 02:11 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good start! Do you like animals? Do you have any?

Earthworm

Originally Posted by hbb View Post
I'm a 33 year old female, no children or marriage, not an addict or in any recovery of any sort. I live on the east coast and i love the beach more than ever! I live there on the weekends in the summer. I love to shop, hang out with friends and have fun. I'm leaving for a camping trip with my brother and his girlfriend this weekend for the 4th of july which should be fun, provided it doesn't rain! We have a pop up camper at least so we should stay dry. We will be right on the Saco River so tubing shoud be a good time!

Trying to find myself once again, which is a hard thing to do but trying! I started Al Anon a few weeks back and they told me last night i seemed better, even though i pulled in the parking lot teary eyed! But that's part of the process. I love my group and wish the hour could be 3 when i'm there! I spoke with a sponsor who did make things clearer for me from her past experiences in her family. Jezzeee i'm not one to write about myself and it feels weird but it was indeed a dare!!!! Thanks for that Live!!

hbb