Please welcome njmama07

Old 06-28-2007, 08:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am new to this forum and I need some help. I have been with my boyfriend for almost 4 years now. In the beginning we were both drug addicts, cocaine, weed, crystal meth mostly. About a year and a half into our relationship, he asked me to have a baby. I was 20 years old and I said yes. Three months later I found out I was pregnant. I stopped drinking and stopped drugs cold turkey because of my baby. My boyfriend stopped doing drugs as well. However he started drinking very heavily and still to this day he is a bad drinker, it has gotten reallly bad. I love him to death though. Despite the drinking, he is an awesome father too. He goes to work everyday, but as soon as he gets home he cracks open a beer. He drinks about a case of beer a day. He is 5'9 and about 145 pounds. He has broken cappilaries all over his face from drinking(I read that is common in alcoholics because of dehydration). He just looks bad and if he runs out of beer and we have no money he will find the money or borrow it to drink. Now a days we are always broke. We both have great jobs gross about 100,000 a year together, but with all the drinking and bigger problem marijuana we never have money. What can I do?
Old 06-28-2007, 10:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nice to meet you, njmama07. why don't you start your own thread, so folks are sure to find you.

i'm the mom of an alcoholic/addict. alanon meetings and private counseling help me.

please do - start your own thead! and keep posting! k
Old 06-28-2007, 07:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

nice to meet you!

it sounds like he might be an okay father right now, but living a life like this will take a toll on your child. you will be broke and unable to give your kid what they deserve. as a former addict, you must have some idea of how these diseases can affect those who love you... i would hate to see any child raised in this situation.

glad you're here, keep posting
Old 06-28-2007, 09:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Njmama07....try reading the stickies at the top for starters ok...I was very glad to hear you say that you are clean and sober from all the drugs from your past. I hope your husband can find the courage to stop what he's doing...and embrace sobriety..