Life is Calm.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Life is Calm.

A couple of nights ago I was sitting with my parents on there front porch with my kids, it was so peaceful, we were just sitting there with the fans blowing and watching the sun go down and I thought back to how much my life has changed since August of last year. I felt calm. Living in the AH I never felt calm, I was always on edge, never knew what was going to happen next.

My kids and I are in a routine now. WOW!!, me in a routine. It does not always go as planned but we are getting there. We even keep Ice Cream in the refridge now, which we were never able to afford that luxery b/c the XAH would spend all the money on alcohol. I even had the money this week to go and buy a BRAND NEW Washer and Dryer, which I needed with the kids, and still have money in the savings.

As for the XAH, we have only heard from him once in 3 months, he called to get the kids fathers day weekend, I told him he could have them for a couple of hours only at his sisters, he never called back to see them. Which was probobly for the best.

I am so glad I do not have any more interesting things to share with you, my life has been really nice, but I wanted to share just the same.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

I'm so happy for you and your kids. I love when I hear nice shares. I pray for much more calmness and happiness for you and the kids ahead.
QT
Old 06-28-2007, 08:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank You QT.

I also forgot to mention that I have a new look, I have always had long hair so Monday I just went, spur of the moment and had it chopped off. It is SHORT!!!!
I think it was a little bit of a rebellion on my part, my xah HATES short hair and never would let me get it cut. I however and not that fond of it, I miss the long locks, my hair was my security blanket. It really was my best feature, it will grow back, eventually.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

I'm sure you look great! When we are happy, we project that, and I'm sure you are glowing!!! I'm just so happy for you.
QT
Old 06-28-2007, 08:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I relish that calm. Bittersweet...if we had never known the chaos...we might never have appreciated so dearly the peacefulness. I love it. Days when nothing happens....whooo-rah!
Old 06-28-2007, 08:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I wish you could see the big smile on my face. I am thrilled for you and your children. Please keep us posted.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
let it grow!

calm? what's that?

happy for you, k
Old 06-28-2007, 12:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great! Enjoy it!!

This is a great reminder that we can choose calmness, too!