Nana Codie?? or Nana Lovestoomuch??

Old 06-28-2007, 04:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Question Nana Codie?? or Nana Lovestoomuch??

I think either way the name is fitting.

Every since Wyatt has been born I have gotten about as much rest as his mother. I race over there every time my daughter calls, watch him so she can catch up on sleep while daddy works, and help in every way I possibly can which often times feels like it's just not enough.

Wyatt was circumsized (or however you spell it) a few days ago and I find myself needing to catch up on some sleep now too. You see, up until yesterday he hasn't slept much after the .........operation.......is that what you would call something like that? My daughter is beeping my phone at all hours "mom, I don't know what to do, he won't go to sleep." So I race back over there as if I will be able to perform some miracle and get the little guy to rest.

I'm doing this to myself I know. I can't blame my daughter because the word "No" is a complete sentence, but I just can't say it! Not when it comes to her and that precious little grandbaby anyhow.

So here's my question. Is it a codependency issue or just the fact that I love too much? Either way............could you resist this? He even has his little ducky suit on!! It's so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
WyattsFirstPhotos054.jpg (34.5 KB, 84 views)
Old 06-28-2007, 05:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Heck Loves, he's so darn cute your daughter could call me & I'd fly down to put him to sleep. It's nice she has you to help out.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Awwwww, who could resist that little cutie pie, and of course the duck suit is just to make sure his codie grandma is drawn like a magnet

Codie? Too much love? Nahhhh, ain't no such thing when it comes to babies and their Nana's. There just isn't enough time to show all the love we have in our hearts for them, I mean 24 hours a day just doesn't cut it.

Keep loving him and hugging him and it will all just fall into place. Don't worry, when he's 15 he'll drive you nuts to make up for it.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Heck, Loves, I moved in when the first one was born so I could get up and rock him to sleep etc. Someone has to teach them how with the first one!

I didn't call it codie until I started doing all the cooking and cleaning for them too.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Smile Thank you

Thank you soooooooooooo much!! Big sigh of relief coming out of me right now. You know........I was actually beginning to worry I was slipping!!! There's that fine line again and I can't seem to grasp the difference. It's so frustrating sometimes to know whether you are enabling or just doing what you feel in your heart is right.

This is the happy couple BEFORE Wyatt's surgery. You should see them now lol.
Attached Images
WyattsFirstPhotos109.jpg (34.3 KB, 80 views)
Old 06-28-2007, 05:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
On a tear

Oh live, that is so funny! Really... I snorted coffee all OVER the keyboard.

Maybe it hits too close to home for me, eh? Yep. I was rocking the baby, washing the dishes and doing the laundry!

But when I realized that I was doing more than either parent was willing to do.... both Mr. Big and I backed off.

Today, I don't do their housework (egad, neither do either of them ...hardly). But if I want to stop by for a baby fix a few times a week... I do.

If this was interfering with my life, I would stop. And I don't miss meetings to see baby, or important events.

I think having our awareness "on" about this is a good thing. We aren't the same women we were before. Can you imagine? I'd a probably crawled into the bed and offered to do the labor, too!
Old 06-28-2007, 05:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

One more I swear

Just one more. Look how intent he looks at his dad...........and he's only 3 weeks old! He's growing so fast!
Attached Images
WyattsFirstPhotos060-1.jpg (30.8 KB, 79 views)
Old 06-28-2007, 05:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
On a tear

PS.... what a gorgeous couple. And those smiles will return.

You know, Loves, I actually sat next to the table and held my little guys hand (ok, stroked his soft little forehead) while he was having the procedure. With MY son, I couldn't even be in the same building, let alone in the same room....but with this guy, it just felt right and Sis was glad I was there with him.

Amazing little creatures... nothing renews my sense of a Higher Power than holding a new baby.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

As long as both you and your daughter are okay with the arrangement, I don't see any harm in it at this point. Now if you start to feel resentment or your daughter does, then that is another matter. As she feels more comfortable being a mother, she will probably rely on you less and less and then you can be there for the fun times like a good Nana should Hugs, Marle
Old 06-28-2007, 05:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

They wouldn't allow the parents in the room while the thing was done!! I can't imagine. I'm glad I had to work that day. I don't know what I would have done lol. I know it would have driven me bonkers. I was pacing at the office just thinking about it.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I can't say I blame you. How cute is he and your family! I know I would definitely be doing the same thing you are. I do it now! I really baby my kids to a fault and my husband always reminds me of that, but my mom babied me too, so it just keeps going and going. Once a codie always a codie. But this time, it's for good reason.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by marle View Post
Now if you start to feel resentment or your daughter does, then that is another matter.
Ok..........that's another matter. I did feel a little resentful the other day. I had so many things I had to get done and when she called..........I sort of dropped everything I was doing and went over there. I didn't want to go, but once I got there I was ok because just seeing them brings a lot of joy.

But.......take today for instance. I have today off and so does my daughter's boyfriend. I know he will be there with them all day and I can actually have a day to myself. I will rush around getting everything done because I know what lies ahead. I'm driving myself nuts I think.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

If you are still doing this when he is 18, then I would say it is 100% codie-ness......
(or however you spell it!)....

Old 06-28-2007, 05:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

awww...wyatt is just so dang cute! My two cents...don't read too much into it, Kris...enjoy this little bundle of joy while you can. Life's too short not to!!! Its clear that he has his nana wrapped around his little finger!! Nothing wrong with that IMHO.

Hugs..
Old 06-28-2007, 06:02 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by outonalimb View Post
awww...wyatt is just so dang cute! My two cents...don't read too much into it, Kris...enjoy this little bundle of joy while you can. Life's too short not to!!! Its clear that he has his nana wrapped around his little finger!! Nothing wrong with that IMHO.

Hugs..
Thank you. He does have me wrapped..........so does my daughter. It doesn't matter how old they get............sigh.........they'll always be our babies.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

okay, so unless you are REALLY needed then today might be a good time to start a tiny boundary...such as I am busy at the moment but.......you finish it....I will come by later or in ??? hours or just give the advice needed over the phone.
Or I am not ready to come over just now.
You do deserve a break today.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by liveweyerd View Post
okay, so unless you are REALLY needed then today might be a good time to start a tiny boundary...such as I am busy at the moment but.......you finish it....I will come by later or in ??? hours or just give the advice needed over the phone.
Or I am not ready to come over just now.
You do deserve a break today.
I'm going to have to do that today. There just aren't enough hours in a day off. Luckily my stinking cell phone provider has made it impossible for anyone to beep me because my phone's been in the red all morning LOL. I think it's a signal from HP!!
Old 06-28-2007, 06:13 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

dang it Loves.. my Mom is 80... and I am.. well... OLD.. and she STILL tells me what to do, what to think, how to do it, who I shouLd see, how I should eat, where I should live... and when I need to be "in" at night.... (she invented co dependent behavior!).

Wyatt and family are really cute and just such a nice family.. why wouldn't you want to do what you are doing for now? Your daughter is soooo lucky to have your help and you are sooo lucky tOhave such a cute baby (and beautiful daughter and baby's Dad!)
Old 06-28-2007, 06:33 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I was the same Loves, and I don't regret it. But I had to park some of the things that used to be important just for a spell.
You may want to consider having him spend time at your place for a day. I was much better at organizing and multi tasking when the only child was my grandbaby. That way the stuff I was getting done was mine. I would take her right along with me to the different rooms and just the activity seemed to keep her interest.
We had the greatest talks
Hang in there grammy!
((((Hugs))))
Cece
Old 06-28-2007, 06:47 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i want one of those babies! k