The Wheel...

Old 06-25-2007, 09:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Wheel...

Hi Everyone,

I was at the Women's Shelter today and spent an hour with a worker there...I truly love just sitting and talking with this lady. She asked me if I had had the chance to ever have a session with the Wheel...The Wheel? Yes, she said, it shows you in Black and White how in my case...your husbands choices where his alone and had nothing to do with you. She said she still gets a sense from me that I am still taking on or feeling some sort of responisblity of his drug use. So I am booked in on July 23 for a one on one...it sounds really informative. Hopefully I will be able to bring it here and share some of the information...I am really looking forward to it.

We are also getting me going on some counselling within the Womens Shelter and I look forward to this as well. She said it gets very indepth and can be very draining so they are open to night councelling so I would not have to go to work after a session.

Rose
Old 06-25-2007, 09:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
cmc

Rose,
I'm so glad you found such great support at the shelter, it sounds like a great place.
hugs,
cmc
Old 06-25-2007, 10:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Ever see that picture of a kitten looking in the mirror and it sees a lion in the reflection?

Roar Rose Roar.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Best, that is cute, but I am learning how to Roar....ROA.....rrrrrrr! But what ever it takes I am sure it will all come together..

Rose
Old 06-26-2007, 02:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by best View Post
Ever see that picture of a kitten looking in the mirror and it sees a lion in the reflection?

Roar Rose Roar.
Rose, this is one of the best things I have heard you doing for yourself and I am so proud of you I could just burst.

When I volunteered at a women's shelter, I was amazed at the resources, support and opportunities these places made available to women, whether or not they ever stayed in a shelter and whether or not they have left their abusive situation.

It sounds like you have taken a big step and made a valuable connection to something that may open the door to freedom for you.

Roar, Rose, Roar, indeed!!

Big Proud Codie Hugs
Old 06-26-2007, 04:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Rose,
You have come a long way. By doing this for you, you might be able to better understand why your sons are acting out. Not saying they are right, but at least you will be stronger to deal with your feelings with them. It is a wonderful thing to get all the help you can anyway you can.
You will become a stronger person and your sons will see they can not push mom anymore because she is no longer a mouse but a lion to be dealt with.
Good luck, and please try to post what they are helping you understand about abuse. Most if not all of us could use that information.
Hugs
Old 06-26-2007, 05:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Originally Posted by best View Post

Roar Rose Roar.
I was having problems with self image during my divorce... and I got this poster and hung it by my desk at work.. it was a small poster.. said, " It is all in how you see yourself!"

I had a boss who was a real control freak.. she needed this program more than I ever did.. and she MADE ME TAKE THE POSTER DOWN saying it was "inappropriate..." The smile on her face was pure evil. She knew I was going thru a divorce and was losing everything that meant anything to me... (farm, animals, house, the whole kit and kaboodle).

Idiot.

I scanned it and made it my Screen saver on my computer at work... Nutz to HER

I suggest you get that poster Rose and get several copies.. and look at it daily. Put it by your mirror at home, on your desk, on the dash of your car..

I think you are getting wonderful one on one support and I am so very happy for you!
Old 06-26-2007, 05:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I want to know what the Wheel is, so keep us updated.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

Just coming in to show you the kitten...lol
Old 06-26-2007, 06:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Rose, Good for you. I hope that you get lots of help and that this is a really positive experience for you. And do share what you learn on the Wheel. It may help others like myself that still burden themselves with unwarranted guilt at times. Hugs, Marle