Update

Old 06-25-2007, 06:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

Well, this past weekend was an eventful one. I ended up in the emergency room Thursday evening because I couldn't breath. There has been some concerns about my gallbladder. Gall bladder disease runs in my family, mom had hers out at about 38, sis had hers out at about 29 or 30.

I didn't know it could affect your breathing but apparently your gall bladder is located near your diaphragm.

Anywho, I go have my final test on this tomorrow morning. Its very probable that it'll be removed sometime soon. I'm okay with that, because maybe I won't be in so much pain anymore.

Husbands aunt passed on Friday (for those who don't know, she attempted suicide on last Monday resulting in lack of oxygen to the brain). Her brain started swelling so they told the family it was only a matter of time. We will be going to the services this week.

I'm asking for continued prayers for the family.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

prayers for you and your family, jwife. blessings, k
Old 06-25-2007, 07:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I had to have my gall bladder removed last July. I did have shortness of breath, pain in my upper stomach and upper back. I also had a lot of pressure in my chest. It was a very uncomfortable feeling and I was afraid it might be something with my heart. My husband took me to the ER and they did an ultrasound and found my gall bladder had 11 gall stones and was twice the normal size. They went ahead that day and removed it. The surgey was minor. I spent one night in the hospital, went home the next day and was back at work 3 days later. I was a little sore, but nothing bad. It's amazing the advances they have made in medicine. My mother had her gall bladder out about 20 years ago. She had about 80 stiches and a scar that was about 8 inches long. I had 4 tiny little incisision and a total of about 15 staples.

If you do have to have it removed, don't worry. I'm sure you will be fine! I'll be thinking of you and if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Take care!
Old 06-25-2007, 07:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

prayers

In my prayers, both and your family!
Old 06-25-2007, 07:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

ncdeac-

I don't think I'm to worried about it. Reading about it, seems like I'll be back at work in about 2 days. I'll just be glad of the relief. I have the pain right up under my ribs, in my back right under my shoulder blade and the tightness in my chest, kinda like I just can't breath in deep enough. I have the pain in my abdomen when it is pressed. Its woken me up at night plenty of times.....its miserable.

The reason I went to the ER on Thursday is because I thought I was having a heart attack. It scared me half to death.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That sounds like the exact same type of pain I had. At first I thought it was just gas/bloating and I kept thinking it would get better. I even sent my husband out in the middle of the night to get all sorts of OTC medicines. Finally though after I started vomiting and having a really hard time catching my breath my husband finally scared me enough into thinking it might be my heart and off to the ER we went. We checked in and they quickly did tests to rule out my heart and then every single nurse/tech/doctor who looked at me would ask the same first question..."Do you still have your gall bladder?" By the 5th or 6th time I finally started answering, "Yes, but it seems like I won't for much longer".

It is definitely a scary feeling though, not being able to breathe properly. I hope that all goes well!!
Old 06-25-2007, 08:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

JWife, Good luck with the surgery. It should not be a problem. I had mine out when I was 25 and spent 6 weeks off work. Medical advances are wonderful and like you said, you will be back to work in no time flat. I am sorry to hear about your
husband's aunt's passing. I will say a pray for her and the family. A prayer for you too that your surgery will be quick and painless. Hugs, Marle
Old 06-25-2007, 08:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

sorry for your family's loss and I'll be praying for you and the upcoming surgery.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ncdeac View Post
We checked in and they quickly did tests to rule out my heart and then every single nurse/tech/doctor who looked at me would ask the same first question..."Do you still have your gall bladder?" By the 5th or 6th time I finally started answering, "Yes, but it seems like I won't for much longer".

It is definitely a scary feeling though, not being able to breathe properly. I hope that all goes well!!
I know right......I've been asked if I still have my gall bladder over and over and over. I like your answer, I think I'll use it next time one of the drs. ask.....

It is sooo scary feeling like I can't catch my breath.....I'm so ready for that to end.

Marle--

I was concerned, because I am only 24 and I am already probably going to have my gall bladder removed. it was scary to hear that. THank you for your prayers.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((Jwife22))),
Hugs and prayers to you for a quick return to wellness, physically and emotionally. You and your husband have my sympathy for your family's loss of his aunt.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

I am sending prayers for your and all the family..

Thinking of you
Old 06-25-2007, 06:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Here's lots of prayers for you and your family. If your gallbladder needs taking, well, it's probably for the best. YOu don't need it much anyways. Just watch the greasy food after you get it out.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

My mother had her gall bladder out about 20 years ago. She had about 80 stiches and a scar that was about 8 inches long. I had 4 tiny little incisision and a total of about 15 staples.
Jwife, I'm so sorry about your aunt and saying prayers for her and you and your family. Gall bladder attacks are horrible...I found being real careful about fats helped me to stall surgery for a year or so. I was a year younger than you when I started having bad attacks (pregnant with my oldest daughter...they say pregnancy aggrevates stones)...finally they happened with such frequency I gave in...just too much pain and constant infection. Stones ran in my family too. I had the old surgery...geez it stunk, just like NC said...long hospital stay and 6 weeks recovery. It is incredible how things have changed in 20 years. But once it was done, I never had a problem again. I haven't figured out a reason to need one and can't say I am limited in any way as a result (well except the horrible scar from the old way...kinda ruins the looks of those abs of steel )

Keeping you all in my prayers.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

((Laura))
You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
cmc

Sending prayers for you and your family.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:28 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks you guys. Last night was a bad night. I had another attack. I know I can't deal with this much longer. Luckily, today is my final scan for my gall bladder. Then its only a matter of time before things get better.

Greet- I did the no fried foods, no greasy foods, no spicy foods, minimal dairy, etc thing and I am still doing it but right now i am so afraid to eat anything for fear of feeling like garbage that I just don't eat much. Last night, I ate about a cup of steamed broccoli and a couple grilled shrimp and that was about it for yesterday. i'm just hoping this scan shows what they need to see so I can be treated. I am so fortunate that they can do this surgery laproscopically so that the recovery time is quick. My bosses have been great, they tell me to take the time I need and go have what I need done, done. I am fortunate and blessed.

The service is tonight and the burial is tomorrow for my husbands aunt. I just hope that they don't want to go ahead with surgery now and I have to miss it all. I want to say good bye to her because she was such a good woman. I also want to see the family.

I was starting to have stinkin thinkin and worry that H would use this as a reason to use since he was so close to her but I backed off, let him do what he needed to do and he is doing just fine without my interference. I feel for him, seeing the obit. was hard for him. He said it made it real.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:39 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sending healing prayers for you and for those who mourn the loss of this lady.

Sometimes life just hands us more than we can carry, and just know that we're sharing your load and walking with you.

Hugs
Old 06-26-2007, 11:44 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

jwife
I just wanted to say sorry for what you are going thru and you and your family will be in my prayers
Old 06-27-2007, 06:21 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Sometimes life just hands us more than we can carry, and just know that we're sharing your load and walking with you.

Hugs

Thank you Ann. I needed that cause sometimes it does get to much to carry. The funeral was beautiful and they celebrated her life and all that she meant to everyone. I am getting ready to leave for the graveside service.

thank you too liesagain.

This is OT but ya know, I'm getting my gall bladder out and the doc put me on pain meds. Apparently I am waking up hurting and having panic attacks at night cause of it, whodathunkit. Anyhow, I just don't get the appeal. I feel swimmy headed and out of the loop taking this junk. I don't know why anyone would wanna feel this way all the time. and heck, I only took one....LAST NIGHT~!
Old 06-28-2007, 08:18 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
turning red!

((Laura))

Sorry to hear all that. How are you? No more panick attacks? I think all the stress probably didn't help...
I also send my condelances to husband.

Keep us updated.

Thinking of youxx