Cry Not Me!

Old 06-25-2007, 04:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Cry Not Me!

After a weekend of sorting out who was going to look after her small dog we worked it out and today I drove her to rehab again. I have done this many times before, that much that I know these places well now. But today was different, we drove up, took her bags out of the boot. Walked up to the detox door which has horrible metal windows and a peek a boo door at the front. Announce who you are and they let you in. What a place, and we go in and hand over all her belongings, sign in and which bed do you want for 2 or3 days before we take you to the rehab building for 3-4 months if she lasts that long.
Hugs and goodbye, I didnt want to let go of her. Got inside the car and broke down. Sad hey...no its destroying, watching this and hoping that she wants it bad one day..more than me. Now I drive home to cook tea, then I have to go to her place to do a few things and wonder as I walk out the door. Will i sleep tonight. and will she.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there hun.....what you did was show her what tough love is and even tho it made you cry it was the right thing to do. We are here with you so please don't think or feel that you are alone.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Justjo, like Janitw wrote, you are not alone. Please let us know how you are doing.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Justjo))) hope you can get some rest and peace of mind. Please keep posting.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((justjo))) Sending hopeful thoughts for you and your sister.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

justjo, it sounds to me like you did the right thing, and i'm hoping very good things will come in the future for both you and your sister. you acted out of love, and she will know that one day.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Gratitude to be found here. She is sober today, she is in a safe place, she is getting the treatment she needs. She is with those her can teach her a better way to live. You should sleep well tonight.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Justjo both of you are in my prayers, you have done for her today the only thing you will ever be able to do for her and her sobriety, nothing more could you have done, because by doing anything more then what you just did would simply allow her to drink longer.

Now is the time to take care of justjo.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

my prayers are with you and her also. hoping for the very best for you and her!!!
Old 06-27-2007, 04:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

It was an emotional day and I needed you guys. thanks. I called her today and they had taken her over to the rehab building. She sounded ok but nervous too. I didnt say anything other than I love ya sis and I would look after her house and things. My eldest son is staying at her house and looking after her dog that she adores, so we think we have done the right thing. I figured if she went in this time and new my son and I were watching things she wouldnt fret so much.
Crazy you know.......sitting here tonight I started thinking about when we were kids. I am the oldest 9 years older than her and I remember as kids I would always protect and look after her and give her hugs. It feels the same way again now but I am 49 and she is still 4. And I dont know if the gap will ever close.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

sending prayers,
Old 06-27-2007, 07:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

(((JUST))))) You did a wonderful thing for your sister! Prayers to all of you.

The gap will never close with love between siblilings-I'm the youngest of 9-and my sister who is 10 years older than me has been there for me in many ways and I with her-it is a good feeling when it is a healthy way of caring for each other!

Hang in there! Cry all you need to it cleanses the body! I know I did alot of that this past week-due to putting my dog down (18 years old) so do what you need to do for YOU now...you have done what you can and leave the rest to the wonderful man upstairs!
Old 06-27-2007, 07:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
let it grow!

thinking about you, justjo. hope you are finding some time to relax. blessings, k
Old 06-27-2007, 08:01 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

peaceful prayers going up for you and healing prayers for your sis. i understand how hard this is. serenity prayer cannot be worn out. i know, cause i tried one time. it works, justjo. it really, really works.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by justjo View Post
I am the oldest 9 years older than her and I remember as kids I would always protect and look after her and give her hugs. It feels the same way again now but I am 49 and she is still 4.
Thank you for sharing this, justjo. Two years ago my older brother followed an ambulance that took me to a mental hospital. I have no doubt it was one of the hardest things he's ever had to do for me. I was one month sober, and felt like I was losing my mind. After a series of evaluations I was discharged three days later with the understanding that I was an alcoholic and that I needed AA. This time my younger brother picked me up. We're all in our 30's and 40's. For the first time in my life I realized how much unconditional love my brothers had for me. The gap closed and our bond is stronger than I thought was possible. I'm sure your sister feels protected by you, and knows that you're a blessing in her life.