My Son is Getting Married

Old 06-25-2007, 03:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

My Son is Getting Married

My son has met a very lovely young lady in Brazil. He met her at church. She is studying to be a lawyer and he is studying Business Administration.

They are to be married in August in Brazil. They plan to come to the US. I do not know if I will be able to make the wedding. It cost a lot to go to Brazil and my money is very tight right now. It breaks my heart to think I may not be able to get there but, I am still going to try to make it.

He says he may be able to to do a web cam thing that would allow me to watch but it wouldn't be the same.....

Hopefully I will be able to do something for them when they get back to the states though.

He knows I am trying to get my H out of my life who by the way is still in the driveway and is apparently not going to budge until I call the cops or my brother to have him removed. I do not understand why he won't just go...oh I guess it is because he has no money because he keeps spending it on dope...oh the bitter sweetness of it all...
Old 06-25-2007, 04:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Congrats to your son and his intended, I wish them the best life has to offer.

As for H, guess he has nowhere else to go, or he is just trying to aggervate you.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Splendra)))

Whether or not you make the wedding, I know you will be very much there in spirit and in your son's heart.

My prayers continue for you, that your life becomes filled with light and love and that you find your path of peace.

Hugs
Old 06-25-2007, 04:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I really hope you find a way to go to your son's wedding. I know that it is expensive to go to Brazil, but on the other hand, August is low season there because it is winter. If you start looking now you might be able to find a really cheap deal. I just went over to Bootsnall.com (a travel site kind of like Lonely Planet) and since I didn't knwo where you live I just typed in DFW (Dallas) because that is near where I live. DFW to GRU (Sao Paolo) Leaving on a Wed. and returning on a Monday (mid-week flying is cheaper) I got $837 on American. THat is pretty cheap to go to Brazil; I know because I was trying to plan a trip there a couple years ago and couldn't get below $1000.00. If you dont' have a passport, apply for one NOW and you might have not have to pay for expedited service. There is a backlog due to new passport requirements.
Also try kayak.com for tickets; it is a comparison that will bring up several different sites at once. (Orbitz, Travelocity, etc.)
Old 06-25-2007, 04:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

Congratulations to your son!! And to his mom! Sounds like things are going well for him and that is the main thing. It's nice when nice things happen for our kids.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

Congrats Splendra....You must be soooo proud, and yet a leetle heartbroken cause you don't get to be there, I know I would be!! I'm sure they will videotape it too?? I know, not the same, but when they are back you can throw a party (smile)

WTG.

NSW
Old 06-25-2007, 04:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Thanx for the info ((((tropikgal)))) I will check it out....

Thanks everyone else for the congrats!!! My son is a very good kid...I don't know how it happened.... lol

dolly- you know I think he may well be trying to irritate me
Old 06-25-2007, 05:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
On a tear

How about a garage sale and a car wash - with big signs saying why you are raising the money and a big coffee can for donations?

Can't hurt. Might get you enough to get there and back.

But in any case, the wedding is only the beginning... my prayers that it is the beginning of a wonderful, joy-filled life for both of them.

((hugs))
Old 06-25-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

That's great that your son is doing so well. You must be so proud.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
let it grow!

congrats to you - a new daughter! blessings, k
Old 06-25-2007, 10:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Splendra

How exciting for you and your son. Oh my goodness I would love to go to Brazil. I'll bet she's a beauty as most Brazillan women are, and can they dance.

Even if you can't make it to the wedding, they'll feel you there in spirit.

I, for one, know just how exciting this is because I remember when my son had decided to get married and all of us Codies were getting our wardrobes together, and reving up the Codie bus for the long trip to San Quentin! LOL

Sorry about your husband in the driveway. Did you take down the KOA sign? That sometimes helps.

Hugs, Devastated
Old 06-25-2007, 10:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congrats to your son and his fiance! I'm sorry that your H is doing that too.......hmmm....
Old 06-25-2007, 11:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Congrats to you, future Mom-in-law!!!

I liked BigSis's idea about the Garage sale, Car Wash, with a can for donations -

Hey can you put a Free Sign on your H in the driveway at the Sale? Maybe somebody who hasn't found SR will take him off your hands? - (lol just kidding I hate to wish that on someone)

Hope you are able to make the wedding - if not maybe you can have a reinactment party when they come for a visit.

Wishing you Serenity, Joy & 1 Round-trip ticket to Brazil,
Rita
Old 06-25-2007, 11:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

i am happy for your son. i know u want to be there & hopefully you will find a way.i sure both will know u wanted to if u can't get there.prayers for them & you.
p.s....get rid of your husband in the driveway, that u can do.... sell him & the car.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Thanks((((( ya'll)))))) for the congrats!!

((((Dev))))) I got a good chuckle about the KOA sign....and you got me on the codie bus trip to San Quintin too... Ha ! Ha!:

((((Hope213)))) I don't think anyone would buy him at any price!!

Also I got a fantastic job offer today making big money so even if I cannot make the wedding I could give a very good gift plus buy myself a much needed car(I am using my son's car at the moment) But, I would have to start this job next week....and not go to Brazil...

I wish the smilies worked for me....
Old 06-25-2007, 06:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Congratulation to your son. I hope you get to go, but if not, plan a party for when they come to the US!

Glad to hear he is with someone nice and he is happy.

As to H.. well, he is doing what addicts do.. but you don't need me to say what you already know.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:19 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to your son, Splendra...I remember you posting about him and know he is a really special guy. It sounds like some positive things are coming your way despite the H in the driveway. That too shall pass. Hugs
Old 06-26-2007, 10:47 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Splendra

Isn't it wonderful how God provides us with what we need?? I'm talking about the good job offer! Wonderful!

Hugs, Devastated
Old 06-26-2007, 11:36 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Congrats on the job offer!!!
Old 06-26-2007, 08:30 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Splendra,

I hope your son and his soon to be bride will be very happy. And that DIL to be is so lucky to be getting you as a mama in law!

Praying that everything will work out for you re the wedding. If you don't get to go, I'm sure he'll understand. Just remember to take healthy care of you and do what is best for you.

Hugs,
Hangin' In