Hello, I'm Back!

Old 06-24-2007, 11:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello, I'm Back!

Hi All, remember me? Devastated? Well, I've been away since my brother died trying to help his wife cope with his death. As you may remember, they had only been married two weeks short of 2 years when he passed away.

At first it seemed she was doing ok, but later it became obvious that she was in a deep depression. I went to help her get all his affairs in 0rder.

It seemed an eternity since I've been home. Poor Mr. Dev, he must have really been lost without me. That's a joke because everyone knows I'm so spoiled my only job is to BREATH! LOL

I'm sure I've missed a lot of things while I was gone.

Hope everyone is well and life is being good to all my wonderful friends.

I did go visit my son, who was moved to a fire camp just about 1 hour and 15 minutes away! Is that something? You know the drill right? Move them as far away from home as possible. Whoops! He must have slipped through the gate 'cause he's close by.

He looks marvelous! He weighs 225 and solid from all the exercise and fitness training they have to do. What a beautiful area it is and what a nice setting. The guards were ever so pleasant and the most astonishing thing of all was the fact that Mr. Dev came with me! WOW! The boy was shocked!

We stayed about two hours and had a picnic in their picnic area. The guards said that no one usually gets visits because they are located in such a remote area.

When we were ready to leave I asked if he could take some fruit with him, but he said no. I said, "can't you ask?" He said, "no, Mom, there are rules about that" I said, "can't you just ask?" He said, "Mom, I'm here because I can't follow rules, and I'm really trying to learn how so maybe I should not ask huh?" Oh, okay, I get it! LOL

Yeah, right, follow rules!!

Anyway, he broke it off with the girlfriend, which makes me happy.

All I can say is, he sure does look wonderful when he is under lock and key!

Nothing else new except as soon as I got back my little Gino came up missing and I cried for two solid days. Mr.Dev said he would be back, but I had visions of him being hurt or dead someplace. I had the entire neighborhood searching for him. He finally turned up. Guess what? He has been hanging around with the neighborhood bully (cat). Eee gads, I can't even raise a kitty without them turning bad. However, in my defense, it was my son's cat and he raised him until he was 4 months old. You know, the formative months! LOL

Love to you all, and thank you forum for my happy birthday wish back on June 9th!

Kisses & Hugs, Devastated
Old 06-24-2007, 12:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dev, Good to see you back. Missed that delicious sense of humor of yours. Sounds like your son is doing well. Hope that your SIL is doing okay now. My AD is still out there doing what addicts do. The only difference is that she no longer has mom around to manipulate. Hope that you are sticking around for a while. Hugs, Marle
Old 06-24-2007, 12:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

good to see you around the board! k
Old 06-24-2007, 12:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

He said, "Mom, I'm here because I can't follow rules, and I'm really trying to learn how so maybe I should not ask huh?"

Wow! Your son is really getting it. Good for him and good for you.

Hope you and your sister-in-law are doing okay.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Dang, Lady, I have missed you!
Glad to hear you are ok and you and Mr. D are well!
Old 06-24-2007, 12:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Wooo Hooo!! He's following rules and doing great!!!! And you were worried about prison...pfffffft.

Sure have missed you Dev, you always make me smile. Big hugs to you and Mr. Dev, my favourite Italian chef.

Don't be a stranger, I still have the keys to the Codie Bus and I know where to find you.

Hugs
Old 06-24-2007, 12:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

tHANKS

Thanks for missing me and for the Welcome Back Parentcovers and Elana.

Hi Pacnorthwesterner (wow! almost ran out of letters in that name) you mentioned my son "getting it?" Naaaa, he got it a long time ago, he just doesn't put it into play! You heard that comedian once said "I finally got my sh-- together, but now it's too heavy to carry" well, that's my son.

I'll tell you though, he best be able to carry it soon because on his next birthday he'll be 45! Times running out fast.

Hey Marle, sorry about your daughter, but happy to hear you sounding well, and not letting her fuzz you up! We are so tough now huh? LOL

One thing I forgot to mention in my last post was when I came home a new neighbor came over to say hello. After talking to her for a while, she told me she was a physcologist and had recently retired. Her job was at San Quentin. I didn't tell her how many times my son had been there, just acted shocked that someone would be so brave as to work there. LOL

She came in the house and saw photos I have on the wall. I hope I wasn't obvious when I threw myself in front of my son's photo for fear she would recognize him. Just kidding! She did sort of hesitate in front of the photo though. LOL

Swear never a dull moment.

Hugs, Devastated
Old 06-24-2007, 02:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Hi Dev,

Been missing you! Glad you are back,we need you!
Old 06-24-2007, 04:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
On a tear

((((Dev)))))

Your son sounds good... and you sound wonderful! Glad to see you around.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hello Again

Hi Big Sis, Dolly and Ann you sweet thang!

It is good to be back home as I was getting real tired of having to prepare dinners! Yuk, what's that all about anyway? You know me haven't had to cook in 37 years. That just about threw me over the edge. I had to call Mr. Dev every night asking how to prepare dinner. No wonder he said I better pray I go first! Shoot, I'll starve to death.

Anyway, I guess my son decided to break off with the girlfriend for a couple of "his" reasons and they were first she hasn't stopped drinking or even tried to get any help, and second she wrote in a letter to him that she was going to sneak onto the property and he got called on it, as they read the letter. They threatened moving him back behind the wall if it ever happened again. He called her and told her never to do a thing like that again and she got angry saying she was just kidding. Guess they don't have a sense of humor huh?

Doesn't break my heart though, as I don't believe it could ever work between them. She really does need help with her problems too, but just cannot stick to any program. Too bad.

Well going to run again as Mr. Dev has been putting up a beautiful iron fence around the property so the little deers can't get in. All his fruit trees are loaded with fruit already and he has a beautiful garden with tons of vegetables. He also planted roses for me. I stand on the porch and admire them. God forbid I get this body in the sun!

I just know I was a Southern Bell in my last life!

Hugs again, Dev
Old 06-24-2007, 06:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

Dev!!!
Welcome back. Always like reading your posts and I've missed them. Wondered where you got to....Soooo glad yer back
NSW
Old 06-24-2007, 07:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

oh, dev, i am so glad to hear from you & so glad yuou are back. you were sure missed. i am sorry about your sister in law.i am sure you brother was glad to have u there to help him.it sounds as if you son is learning something. i sure hope so.keep coming back & don't stay gone so long.hugs,hope
Old 06-24-2007, 08:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Dev! You sound wonderful and I'm so glad you had a good visit with your son and that he's in a beautiful area even if he is confined within it. It sure beats being in a cell!

Glad you have a chance to let Mr Dev spoil you again...Welcome home!
Old 06-25-2007, 04:27 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

Hey, Dev, so glad to see you back. And I couldn't be happier when I read about your son. He sounds like he is doing great and is where he is supposed to be! And glad to hear and see that your recovery is right where it's supposed to be - you are doing fantastic!

Glad to hear that you are back. I know it must be hard to deal with all the things about your brother but you SIL is lucky to have you. And so are we!!!

Old 06-26-2007, 08:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Good to see you back, Dev. I've been in and out, too, but I still knew you hadn't been around much. Maybe we should have a Class of 2002 Reunion around here, ya think? Let's see.....it will be you, me..Ann...Moose.......you....me....Ann...Moose... Oh you KNOW we'd have fun!

So glad the son is looking good and actually wants to follow the rules. NOW THAT SOUNDS GOOD!!!

Hope to see more of you.

Hugs.
Hangin' In.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:55 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((Dev))))

I just love your humor and am sooooooo glad you are back!!!
Old 06-28-2007, 10:18 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Friends

Thanks for the big welcome home from ya'll (damn, there's that southern bell again).

My son is doing what he always does and that's showing that there is a part of him that knows right from wrong! When he is incarcerated, he is the model inmate! He knows just how to get around. Pretty scary huh?

I no longer have to call the warden to make sure he's being cared for! That was a long time ago. Remember, when I had San Quentin's warden on my speed dial? LOL
Remember, when they asked me not to call anymore? Ahhhh!

Hey Hangin' I think a 2002 reunion would be great! What do you think Ann, Moose? I can't imagine what kind of trouble we would get in!

Whenever I go out with my good friend, her husband always tells her "now don't go getting into trouble with Dev!" I cannot imagine what he is talking about.

She's the one that use to go to the pawn shops with me to retrieve all my son's possessions. In fact, she really has been my partner in crime, as she has gone through all the traumas with me all these years.

Well, ok, hugs to you all.

p.s. last night I got a collect call from the local jail. I automatically accepted it duh! Why? It wasn't even anyone I knew!! Maybe my son put my name on the wall for someone to call!! Who knows? As me why did I accept it? CODIE BEHAVIOUR AGAIN!

Hugs, Dev