Notices

First bad day in 2 weeks

Old 06-24-2007, 03:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First bad day in 2 weeks

I went to bed last night not feeling 'right'. I just felt like the next day (Today) would not be too good physically or emotionally. I woke up and I was pretty tired. I haven't developed the ability to work well unless I get a good 9 or 10 hours sleep. I had 6 hours. I went to work, was doing well but feeling down. I got home and had a 3 hour break. I wanted to stay as active as possible so I was getting ready to go for a walk. My phone rang and I sat on the sofa as I talked with my friend for a few minutes. From the end of the conversation it just felt like I needed a nap. So I slept for a good hour and a half. I went to work again...and after work came home and the same thing happened...a friend called, I sat down on the sofa as I talked, and as soon as I finished I was ready to sleep. So I did. Another 2 hours pass before my wife gets home.

If my wife hadn't come home I would still be on the sofa sleeping. I feel really really tired today. I don't have to work until the evening tomorrow so I can sleep in a bit and not worry about getting up early. I'm just feeling a bit disappointed. Not sure why. Since switching meds I've felt much better. However, yesterday and today weren't 'normal' days. I'm not sure why. I have an appointment with my doctor Friday so hopefully he can answer some questions for me. Maybe too much xanax or taking it at the wrong times of the day...don't know really. Hope to feel better by tonight.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope you feel better soon. Sleep will come in time.

Liz
Old 06-24-2007, 08:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This morning I woke up with an aweful feeling. I went to sleep last night feeling pretty good. 6 hours later I woke up and felt like crap for no reason. I went back to sleep only to wake up an hour later as though I had a large current of electricity go through my back bone. Wierd feeling...
Old 06-24-2007, 09:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Did you forget to take a med or suddenly take a lower dose?
Old 06-24-2007, 09:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by liveweyerd View Post
Did you forget to take a med or suddenly take a lower dose?
Nope...I was fine. The day before I took a little more of the sleeping med, and then dropped it back to the normal dose last night. I usually take half a pill, but 2 days ago I took a full pill, then last night back to half. (According to the doctor, going from half a pill to a full one of the sleep meds is not a big jump, but I kept taking half just for peace of mind that it will be easier to stop taking it when I do, so I don't think that would be it, but it might...)

The shock thing scared me a bit. I'm not sure if it was because I was half asleep and trying to wake up and couldn't move. I will talk with my doctor about it when I see him Friday.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The first thing that came to mine about the electrical zaps is that those are common when one abruptly stops some meds. That's the only time I have had zaps, so I can't help, but will be interested to hear what you learn.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Years back, when my doctor took me off Paxil cold turkey, thats what I experienced...the zaps. They weren't bad, or as bad as some had it. This was a little more debilitating. I've had problems in the past that before sleeping my brain feels like it's in over-drive...mainly at the back of my head. When I close my eyes and try to sleep, my brain gives me a ZAP that wakes me up. Like it doesn't want me to sleep. When I woke up after a few hours of sleep today, I went right back to bed, after sleeping a big, rather than just a zap, it felt like a zap AND I couldn't move my body. First thought was STROKE...then I could move, took a half xanax, and tried to sleep.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow! I have had that jerk awake right as I am falling asleep. Not for awhile, since I am on meds that work better.
I know you get physical excercise, which without it inhibits decent sleep.
So, I'll just be waiting to hear what you DR says.
Not being able to move would be scary!
That happened to me during night terrors, which I suppose is a sort of panic, but you didn't and have never mentioned those.
??????
Old 06-24-2007, 10:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I haven't had the jerk awakes for a while either...usually they happen right when I try to fall asleep, but with the new meds, it doesn't seem to happen. This time it happened as I was waking up. I'm not getting all panicy, as I would normally have, because I think the new SSRI has given me back my 'normalsy' in dealing with problems. Never had night terrors (I actually don't know what they are) or nightmares. I will say that I have been more tired during the day than at night recently. I need to take naps if I wake up early. I'll be bringing this all up with my doctor. I hope it's just the medicine. It's cured my panic attacks, helped some with the anxiety until a few days ago, but it's this new issue that has me worried a bit now.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

that alprazolam does make one tired. Even after being on it for years it still effects me that way....tho' certainly much less so than in the beginnning. And I have to take my anti-d at night too as it also contributes to feeling fatigued. I don't know what that first med you are taking is. I will have to look it up.
You are very conscientous, so I am sure you will get it worked out.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Saw my doctor today. I went a today because I didn't want to wait until Friday. He said the zaps are likely muscle cramps in the neck pressing on nerves and prescribed muscle relaxants. He says it's not the medication. He also asked me to time my meds differently. Hope it works.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Woke up today feeling much better. Had an anxiety free day. Work was easy. I had acupuncture done yesterday which was probably not the smartest thing to do when you've got anxiety issues...but I got through it. The leg pain I've been suffering actually is GONE...for yesterday and today anyways. As for the neck pain, still there. Otherwise a good day. Hope this was just a case of med timing.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good for you! I have been thinking about acupuncture for my neck. It wouldn't cause anxiety in me, but have been going to the chiropractor. But then, I keep my anxiety medicated and am glad I do...I have been able to do so many things I would never be able to do without them!

Just curious ...how are you changing the timing of your meds?
Old 06-27-2007, 05:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Before I was taking xanax after dinner and before bed...now I'm taking it around lunch (When I wake up, and after dinner.) I told him that usually by bedtime I wasn't very anxious or feeling like crap and thought I could go without it at that time.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Davinci,

No condemnation from me man, just a little encouragement. My panic/anxiety is totally drinking related.

Anyway, Felt what u have gone thru just because of being st2pid with the drink.

Im a work in progress.......................................... ...............

I guess because of that I have learned to cope with the panic/anxiety with skills I've learned. Sort of like the double-edge sword of fear accompanied with panic.

Like the star wars movie quote, "I sense great fear in you Skywalker", powerful but fearful.

Yes, putting on a front, but very fearful.

Wishing u encouragement,

But still a work in progress myself.............

Intro