Old 06-23-2007, 04:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Language of Letting Go - June 23

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Letting Go of Old Beliefs

Try harder. Do better. Be perfect.

These messages are tricks that people have played on us. No matter how hard we try, we think we have to do better. Perfection always eludes us and keeps us unhappy with the good we've done.

Messages of perfectionism are tricks because we can never achieve their goal. We cannot feel good about ourselves or what we have done while these messages are driving us. We will never be good enough until we change the messages and tell ourselves we are good enough now.

We can start approving of and accepting ourselves. Who we are is good enough. Our best yesterday was good enough; our best today is plenty good too.

We can be who we are, and do it the way we do it - today. That is the essence of avoiding perfection.

God, help me let go of the messages that drive me into the crazies. I will give myself permission to be who I am and let that be good enough.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Oh this is soooo good for me, especially today!

I know I am good enough.. I am just having difficulty with others wanting MORE.

Good enough is just that good ENOUGH!
Old 06-23-2007, 04:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

When I am true to myself, when I am the best person I know how to be and accept that I am not perfect, when I can look in the mirror and like the person staring back at me, then it matters not what others think of me or how they think I "should" be.

When I came to know that stranger called "me" and found that I like the person she is today, I found freedom and confidence and a ton of gratitude for a chance to live my life well.

Hugs
Old 06-23-2007, 05:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I always had a problem believing I was good enough. I never felt I had lived to my potential. I never thought I was pretty....I have and I am....Its terrible what we put on ourselves...Again Ann, thank you....Marian
Old 06-23-2007, 09:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Ann! I copied this to my family. I hope they read it.I always tried to be better so they would love me more! Now I know better.
Terri