Please welcome Momsrainbow

Old 06-22-2007, 01:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please welcome Momsrainbow

I hope you will all welcome new member, Momsrainbow.

She is having a bit of difficulty getting started on the boards and would really like someone to talk to about her problems with a family member.

Thanks everyone!
Old 06-22-2007, 01:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Momsrainbow. I am the mom of an addict daughter, aged 21. Lots of good support here. Feel free to post away. Hugs, Marle
Old 06-22-2007, 01:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cmc

Hello Momsrainbow,
I'm a mom of an addict too. I work a program of recovery for myself due to my codependency issues. My son has been using over 12 years and has been in and out of jail and halfway houses over the past 7 years. He's been clean over a year now.
I hope you will take a look at all the stickys and please make yourself at home here. There's always room for another friend here. I look forward to getting to know you.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Momsrainbow..

Welcome! I am the Wife of an Addict Husband. I hope to hear how you are and share some experiences and hope with you!
Old 06-22-2007, 02:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi rainbow, welcome. I am the mom of a recovering addict daughter age 21. She has been working at recovery for about 2 years now. She relapses, but still keeps trying. The most clean time she had so far was 6 months. She relapsed recently shooting heroin. She got back in a program & on monday she will have 60 days clean again. She went to North Carolina with her boyfriend for a family reunion & they are going to find a meeting down there so she can get her 60 day chip. It is improratnt you take care of yourself. Hope to see you around the board.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Hi and welcome. Another mother, 23 yo daughter. You will get more from this site than you ever imagined. Don't worry about what you say or how, we've all said or thought it before.
Blessings,
susan
Old 06-22-2007, 02:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
On a tear

Hi Momsrainbow...

An easy way to get started is to "scroll" to the bottom of the page and look for a white box with a darker bar across the top titled "Quick Reply" - it looks like the picture of one I pasted below...

"click" inside the box and start typing, then click on the "Post Quick Reply" button that is underneath/below the place you just typed.

That should get you going.

Lots of good advice here... lots of moms (I presume from the name, you are one too?) and excellent sharing of experience and strength.... and hope.

(((Momsrainbow))))<---- This means "hugs".

Welcome!
Old 06-22-2007, 02:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Momsrainbow
Welcome to SR. I have a 20 year daughter who is the addict in my life. I have known for about a year and a half. She has been clean for about a year, but is not "working her recovery" to get better. She chooses to not have contact with the family who has loved her all her life. Soooo . . . I pray a lot and wait for her to one day want to change. I have found great help on this forum. Sometimes just reading about others' experiences; other times posting questions.
Please read the "stickies" at the topf the page. They really helped define much of what Iwas dealing with when I first came here.
Hugs to you. You are not alone here. I was suprised to learn how many people here had felt and experienced the very same things I did. I thought I was the only one! These people are very sweet here and have saved me much heart ache.
Terri
Old 06-22-2007, 02:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hello...The addict in my life is my 21 yr old daughter she was using crack, now it's mostly heroin. You get lots of support an good advice here, it helps me just knowing I'm not the only one in the world whose child is an addict. When I came here like a lot of the others, I was looking for ways to help my daughter but what I have found are ways to help myself.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi momsrainbow,

Im new here aswell I've just discovered my girlfriend and partner of 5 years is an addict, and found some great advice and support here from people who care and it really helps, just say whats on your mind and you'll find your self in conversation in no time

Ciaran
Old 06-22-2007, 04:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Guess just too old to learn about how to do anything on a computer, much less a website. I will give it my best try. Husband, is on parole-for drugs. Spent over $50,000 on bail bonds and attorney fees. He was my best friends son, who I no longer talk to. Married him while he was in prison. Truly cared about him. He got outand all seemed ok-for a while-short. He could not stay away from friends from his past.-all doppers. He was a meth-head. Caught him smoking pot and bragging about how long he has been on parole and passed every test. Sorry folks, I called the parole officer and my hubby is gone-says I "ratted" him out. During time he was in prison-wanting $ for whatever- I sold my cabin cruiser and misc. Sold one rent house and it did not take long -2 months to go through that. Ya'll got problems-just looking for some help here. Honest-I was a retired banker-could pass any test. Really just need to talk with someone who has more expertise or knowledge about the mess I have got my self into. Thanks to all.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Momsrainbow,

You're doing great on the computer!

And, everyone is very supportive and friendly here, so no need to worry. Sorry, I can't offer much advice, but other will be along.

I'm glad you're here!
Old 06-22-2007, 05:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yeh I kinda Know what you mean I have given my girl in the region of £17k/34,000 dollars since november last year, was supposed to be helping her get her life sorted and debts paid and a whole bunch of other BS, but hey love is blind and guess what when i confronted her and got her mum involved she blanked me aswell so I have a feeling of what your going through,

just give your self time and get on top of your finances, the first lesson i learned here is no matter how much you care you cant help them you can only help your self, they gotta want it and they gotta do it!!

Check out some of the sticky posts at the top of the forum page they got great info, oh and as far as the computor ting dont be defeatist you can get the hang of it after all you just did right, hang in there its actually startin to feel better for me and this all came to light 2 weeks ago so stay strong and let your emotions do what they want for now you'll get control and feel better soon.

Regards Ciaran
Old 06-22-2007, 06:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

welcome momsrainbow. the addict in my life is my son.he has been on drugs for about 15 yrs. i am glad you are here. read all the stickys at the top of the forum.read especilly"what addicts do". we have all been where you are. there is nothing you can do for your husband.i am glad you turned him in.i know it took alot but you did the right thing.he is safe & not on the street.maybe he will hit his bottom since he does not have you to bail him out.i am saying a prayer for you & him.stay strong & keep coming back.hugs,hope
Old 06-22-2007, 06:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just wanted to add my welcome. My daughter brought me here. The support here, working a program and going to Naranon meetings each week has been so very helpful. I'm sorry for all you have been going through. I don't believe you "ratted" him out...His actions caused those consequences.

Keep sharing...I think it helps to read and post about your experiences. Hugs
Old 06-22-2007, 07:08 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Hi Momsrainbow.
For what it is worth, I spent many many $$'s on my Ex Addict Boy friend. He wasn't in prison though it might be better for all if he went there.

You can get into a lot of money real fast with an addict who wants lots of things but has no money to get them and still does drugs too.

Welcome. Read the stickies at the top of the forum and learn what addicts do. Great ppl here who have helped me a lot and believe me, I needed all the help I could get. Still do.. just ask my cats and the dog.

Old 06-23-2007, 06:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Still cannot figure out how to use this site-much less computer. Young drug husband is out and about-living the good life-with my truck(he got it into his name) and my money-right down to beyond. Was at my grams rent house-she will be 104 Sept. of this yr. I can see where he would hurt me but leaving me without a way to take care of gram is hard to believe. Neighbors saw him and must have called the PD. Cannot believe he took me down to his level of friends. Still trying to keep at least what little pride I have. How does one get past this and move on?
Old 06-23-2007, 07:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

The first thing yu do is everything you must to divest yourself of him financially. The next thing you do (and at the same time as the first)is to protect any and all assets you have left. You may need a lawyer to do that.

Take care of YOU. Do NOT give him anymore money or assets. If there is anything you can do LEGALLY, do it. If he has forged documents etc. file charges.

You move past this one day at a time. One minute at a time if a day is too much to handle.
You are doing OK on this site. You have posted.

At the top there is a "button" that says "new thread" If you click on that you can type a new subject in the suject line and then in the big white square box, type what you want to say.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:57 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((((Momsrainbow))))))

Welcome! I am so sorry for what you have been thru. I know it is not easy to pick up the pieces.

Be gentle with yourself this is not your fault but it is up to you to take responsibility for your life. It is your action that will set you on a more stable path..
Old 06-23-2007, 08:30 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Exclamation pride vs. integrity

Originally Posted by Momsrainbow View Post
Still cannot figure out how to use this site-much less computer. Young drug husband is out and about-living the good life-with my truck(he got it into his name) and my money-right down to beyond. Was at my grams rent house-she will be 104 Sept. of this yr. I can see where he would hurt me but leaving me without a way to take care of gram is hard to believe. Neighbors saw him and must have called the PD. Cannot believe he took me down to his level of friends. Still trying to keep at least what little pride I have. How does one get past this and move on?
Momsrainbow,welcome......i'm really without words right about now being you're fairly new here at SR. Our hearts go out to you yet in order for freedom to even begun unfolding in your life it's going to take "action " on your part. And a little sole searching on your part to honestly acknowledge what part u played in all of this; and move in the solution to this seemingly delima w/God of your own understanding.One reason i where getting catch up into so much stuff was i'd had a hard time being alright with who i were in my own skin. And i found myself doing all kinds of right out foolish stuff which more than often came back to hunt me. Today, i'm making better decisons toward a better quality living exercising and practicing spiritual principles in all my affairs. seloth@. tfs