From hospital to rehab

Old 06-22-2007, 05:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

From hospital to rehab

Son was moved a week ago from the hospital to a nursing home with a rehab.
Doctor took off the halo from left leg and cast from right leg. He's now wearing a shoe boot on right and a knee brace on left. Still has cast on one arm and is doing therapy on the other shoulder. He is in a wheelchair, but can pivot from chair to bed. This is a huge improvement.

He goes to therapy twice a day and works hard. He will be there a minimum of 24 more days.

What I dread is after that. It looks like we will move his camper to our back yard, and he will stay either with us or in the camper if it is set up and he can make it in and out of the camper alone. I just can't think of another option that is workable.
Even if he can stay alone, he can't work to pay for his upkeep, and I can't take on any more payments. So it just looks like he will need to come to my house. For how long??? Oh, my!

I hope he can get on medicaid to help out. My husband has been wonderful so far, but having my son in our house or yard will be a real challenge. I'm working on "one day at a time" again.

Washbe
Old 06-22-2007, 06:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah, Take it slow. I hope things work out but it might take a while. Patience, patience.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Washbe, I'm so glad he is doing better and have kept him and you in my prayers.

I know that having him that close may be a challenge, but he's so very lucky to have you give him this chance. And don't forget that just because he is injured doesn't mean you can't have boundaries. I have a feeling that this is all unfolding this way because something good is in store for you and your son.

Hugs
Old 06-22-2007, 06:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Washbe, Praying for only positive things to happen from here on out. Hugs, Marle
Old 06-22-2007, 07:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Washbe, I am praying for positive outcomes. Things just have a way of working out.

Hugs............Lo
Old 06-22-2007, 07:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

How lucky he is to have you there mom, as he deals with the wreckage of his past.
This could very well be the time he turns his life around. He may be in a man's body, but he still needs his momma. It is tough when our kids don't become independent at the "age" we expect. But there is hope they do get there eventually. Surely, this is his bottom w/ no where to go but up. May you know serenity even as you go through this.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((((Washbe)))))))))

So good to hear he's doing better. As for you, sweetie...
sending-your way.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i am glad to hear your son is doing better.my prayers are still with you & him.i truely believe he will be ok.stay strong & keep us updated.hugs,hope