Called the Police

Old 06-21-2007, 07:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Called the Police

Hi Everyone...

This is just happened within the hour...I picked the boys up from work, stopped at the mail box and there was a letter...my 18year old has been picked up for shop lifting...of course I lost it with him, then it all came out...all my concerns and things I have heard about them dealing pot. They just laughed in my face...both of those boys together and I don't have a chance.

My youngest started back talking me, then I made a bad remark about oldest son's girlfriend (last weekend she snuck into my house and spent the night) once I made the remark my oldest got right up in my face like he was going to let me have it, then started punching walls...I went to the phone to call the police and he ripped the phone out...so I called 911 on my cell...my youngest was yelling in the back ground, blocked the door again so I could not get through, so I pushed my way through and he yells "She just hit me".

Bye the time the police got here, my oldest was gone...they told me to keep him out. My youngest 15 came out with this big attitude and the police put him in his spot...

I will fill you in more later...I am just upset and all over the place...

Rose
Old 06-21-2007, 07:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

You did good. Your house, your rules...Your respect that should be demanded of them that live under your roof.

When my youngest tried that stuff...He just hit me... I grabbed the phone and asked him if I should call the police on me or will he?
Old 06-21-2007, 07:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Rose, we're sitting with you through this, okay? You did a good thing.

I'm really afraid for you, Rose, one of these days one of these boys is going to snap and become dangerous. The police are right, keep the oldest away and see what you can do for the younger one too. Ask the police for advice, they really are on your side here and may be able to suggest something.

Please keep yourself safe, Rose.

Hugs
Old 06-21-2007, 07:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Rose, I'm so sorry you are going through this; I certainly understand why you are upset. You did well...they must learn to respect you and you must stay safe. I'm glad you called the police and that they are helping. If your older son comes back or the younger gives you difficulties, please call them again. Hugs and prayers.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Rose, you did good. I'm praying for you.

hugs,
jewel
Old 06-21-2007, 08:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Rose, You did the right thing...you gotta protect yourself.....That oldest one...to the curb with him if he can't act right. The youner one, well, by law you are obligated to him, but if he can't act right...then the State can get involved.
Take care of yourself.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It wasn't hard to make the move to call when I was backed into a scary corner...it was harder to get a phone to call and scarier that I was having a hardtime getting to one....

I am a mix of emotions right now, mad and feel sorrow of what has become between me and my babies....but the sorrow has been lingering for sometime...just last week I was sitting outside at work, a mom and her little guy walked by hand in hand, he chatting up a strorm with his little sun hat on...it was so cute to see...a true love moment and the memories that hit me...

So what I guess he has to do tomorrow is go to the police and be finger printed...I am confused as I would have thought that they would have done this the day he got picked up for the shop lifting...but from what the police told me tonight is he has until 6:00pm tomorrow night to go or they are putting a warrant out for him...

Rose
Old 06-21-2007, 09:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry you had to go through that,I agree with the others you did the right thing. Maybe now they well see you won't take that crap an show more respect.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((Rose)))

I'm sorry, I feel for you....Don't doubt that you did the right thing under the circumstances.

Because once you give in and don't stick up for yourself, it just gives them more fuel to walk all over you. You did the right thing.

I hope for you that your son will see what a great mom he has and come around. I think that what you did is a step in the direction of that happening..for him and for you. He has to know that there are consequences for his actions. He has noone but himself to blame.

From your posts I can see that you are a wise person and a loving mother and even though i don't have children, i feel like i have some idea of the hurt you feel.

hugs, Lisarae.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am praying for you..

I remember when I was 16 my boyfriend snuck in through my bedroom window and spent the night

WHEWW- did I learn my lesson! haha Thats the first and last time I EVER got in trouble.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
rozied

Dar Rose, It know its terrible having your own children that you have done everything for, treat you like that. I have exprienced it with my youngest son also. Hes now 33 & its harder than when he was younger but I refuse ( like you ) to be intimidated by him.
He likes to smoke that garbage too & I just found out.
You did exactely the right thing. I called the police on mine last week cuz he wanted money & I wouldn't give it to him.
Stay strong as it only gets worse the older they get if they see they can walk on you. I raised both my sons for 10yrs without a dad & its so hard.

Love,
Diane
Old 06-22-2007, 05:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

You deserve respect ((Rose)). You did the right thing. If I had put my mother through an ounce of what your boys are putting you through she'd have planted my behind 10 feet under the jail. Don't ever doubt that you're a wonderful mother. You've been through a lot. Unfortunately your sons have seen a lot and need to know that they cannot run all over you like your AH did so many times. They need to know that you demand respect and you will get that respect. Lines are being crossed here and you did what any one of us would do and should do in your circumstance. You're an inspiration Rose. Hang in there and know we all love you.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Rose, that is so hard, but unfortunately our babies don't stay that way. I feel your pain. Be strong while you are loving them, and please be careful. Young men who use drugs can flare up quickly over small situations. Thought they are your sons, when using, judgment isn't normal. Do what you need to do to take care.
Washbe
Old 06-22-2007, 05:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

I cannot imagine mixing the memories of your children yesterday with today's nasty abuse by them as adolescents.

Do stay safe. Your boys need to be away from you so you can be safe.

I am so sorry this is happening. We all are here for you and praying for you. You are doing the right thing.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:24 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I don't have any additional advice, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am you are having to go through this. You certainly deserve to be treated better than you have by ALL the men in your life. Try to do something nice for yourself this weekend...just for you.

(((hugs)))
Old 06-22-2007, 06:51 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
let it grow!

thinking about you, rose. blessings, k
Old 06-22-2007, 07:17 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

(((Rose))), Sorry that your boys are hurting you right now. Do whatever it takes to keep yourself safe. Someday they will respect you for what you have done.

Hugs and prayers..............Lo
Old 06-22-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Sending prayers, Rose, stay strong and do what is right for you. Hugs, Marle
Old 06-22-2007, 07:28 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

(((rose))) stay safe above all.i am sorry you are going through this.you did what you had too.maybe youngest son will learn something thru this.the police will get him out of your house too if need be, do not take any chances. post, i am worried about you this morning, i hope you are ok....sending prayers.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:39 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((((Rose))))))))))

http://www.angelsthatcare.org/silent_abuse.html

Loving thoughts,
Linda