Worried about a friend

Old 06-20-2007, 06:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Worried about a friend

I think my friend may be an alcoholic. She got drunk saturday night with her kids aged 14 yrs and 5 yrs in the house. a neighbor called my friends sister at 1130 at night to come get her kids. Her parents were also called.

My neighbor told me tonight that my friends dad told her saturday night that if she gets drunk again he will disown her.

I want her to get help, because i don't want to lose another friend to this.
She got mad at my neighbor for calling her family, but we don't want to live in fear every night. Landlord refuses to do anything.

Advice please.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The most important thing is to protect the children. They are the true victims here.

But as far as any rescue mission for your friend...it's better to let A's feel the consequences of their actions if they are to ever see they have problems. Yup, A's HATE it when their disease comes out into the light. I applaude the neighbor. She has done the right thing. I think the dad should threaten calling child protective services rather than disowning her (but only if he's prepared to actually do it and I certainly hope that the children would be staying with their grandparents. I am assuming they would be). That's JMHO.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Help wont work if she doesn't want it.

Liz