Suggestions re: Alateen celebration

Old 06-20-2007, 04:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Suggestions re: Alateen celebration

Hi all,

For those of you in Alanon or associated with Alateens, I have a question... our district is hosting our anniversary dinner in September. Being that alateen turns 50 this year, the decoration committee wants to have a Alateen birthday theme. I've been recruited (happily, I might add) to be on the decorating committee "brainstorming session" this weekend. We're being asked several for several suggestions (of which I could use some input, if anyone can help):

What to put on the tables (we're thinking red table cloths, and candles, but would like some other type of alateen decoration to place on table.

What should we put in the Alateen "goodie" bags? One thing will be a dressed up bookmark of the newly adopted Alateen Traditions, but they're looking for other things too (not the typical goodie bag stuff like yo-yos and bubbles, but snazzier stuff -- low budget of course).

And other ways to decorate the hall.

If anyone has ANY input, I'd greatly appreciate it. I know this probably isn't the forum to ask this in, but I don't have many options left -- hard to look up "Alateen party decorations" on the internet and find great results.

Thanks much.
Hugs,
Eileen
Old 06-20-2007, 05:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The teens might have some ideas, too. Not sure if any of them are on your committee.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Fighting for happiness

Comeing from someone in alateen ....

there is just one thing you have to remember keep it fun and it will all work....

just remmeber most of us have had to grow up way to soon so it is sooo cool when we get to act like we are teenagers
Old 06-20-2007, 08:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

the symbol for al-anon is a buterfly, is it the same for alateen?