Notices

Trouble finding a counselor

Old 06-20-2007, 02:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Trouble finding a counselor

So..I was thinking...I didnt like the inpatient experience...Op is giving me the run around...I really am not feeling the 12 step thing...So no meetings.
So I called my ins company today to see what couselors in my area that deal with chemical dependancy and mental issues.
So he runs down a list and I call everyone of them and they are either only treating inpatient people or they are not equipped for crack use people.
I think I might benefit alot more from 1 on 1 attention.
I am not a real people group person.
I want to be able to get everything out and have the focus on my issues instead of sharing all the time. Because then it just kinda goes in all kind of diresctions and my issue or whoevers really doesnt get addressed. At least in my experience so far.
That sounds kinda selfish. But not really.
Why does it seem so hard to get help sometimes.
I went through this in Florida a long ime ago.
I was high sitting in a hotel room on the verge of a break down and called every dam number in the phone book and nobody wanted to help me. Because of insurance or no room or there was a wait. Always something.
Then at the beginning of this year when I started messing up really bad, It was like Social services making me jump through hoops to get medical coverage so I could go to inpatient.
Then inpatient was like we can fit you in in 3 weeks. Then when I left inpatient ..Op had me waiting 2 more weeks.
And the hospital wouldnt take me because I wasnt suicidal at the time.
Thank god I found this board in between that 3 mos.
I mean geez. What is the deal.
It took almost 3 mos from the time I applied for state coverage to the time I actually walked through the rehabs doors.
So rediculous.