How do I sleep with my husband while trying to detach

Old 06-19-2007, 01:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How do I sleep with my husband while trying to detach

He has been on nights but now he is off. I know it is coming and just thinking about being physical with him right now makes me kind of sick. We were together after it all came to blows but at that time it was all hearts and flowers and I'm going to be fine honey. Now that I know he is abusing the sudafed I am discouraged and disappointed and angry because of all the lies. So I am detaching and not ready to be close to him like that. To men it is just an act but to women it is a sharing of one's soul. Any suggestions?
Old 06-19-2007, 02:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ahhh hon.

Just say NO. It is your body and your right not to share it.... regardless if he is your husband or not. If he does not comply (you know the touchy feely but he is asleep ) move to another bedroom or ask him too.

I want to say though.... Yes for some men it may be an act.... but honestly that is not true for most men in my opinion. I think it is much more then an "act" for most men and I hope you dont judge all men that way hon...
Old 06-19-2007, 02:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
On a tear

I agree with Cynay... some women need to have that separation in order to figure out their own needs.

Perhaps separate bedrooms, perhaps separate homes.

Separate does not mean forever.

Just as his actions speak far louder than words, so do ours.

(((hugs)))
Old 06-19-2007, 02:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to take it.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

I agree with the others. Just say no...
Old 06-20-2007, 02:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doctor'swife View Post
Now that I know he is abusing the sudafed I am discouraged and disappointed and angry because of all the lies. So I am detaching and not ready to be close to him like that. To men it is just an act but to women it is a sharing of one's soul.
To be honest, you gota give a guy more credit than that, they aren't all that callous, and a lot of women are....like Cynay said...

BUT if your not comfortable with it...tell him what you told us above in your post...just be honest. Communication, especially with sexual matters, is very important...
Old 06-20-2007, 07:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Starry Girl

Hey..you are under no obligation. It doesn't even have to become a big issue or discussion. Just say no, you're not into it, and he'll have to deal.

Don't EVER feel pressured into sex. It's your body and your soul and you share it with whom you want to, WHEN you want to.