I am so tired

Old 06-19-2007, 06:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

I am so tired

It seems that this week and last week has been the longest for me and I am not to sure how much more I could take.

Last week I had $200. stolen from me at work. Friday my son got sick in car service and threw up EVERYWHERE. Saturday was spent on going to the doctors, going to 5 different pharmacies looking for medicine. Yesterday I felt sick to my stomach I left work, go home and the a bus comes up my block knocks down all the power lines sends fire shooting to my house and melted all the lines for electricity. I didnt have power till about 10. I wake up this morning and I have one eye swollen and dont know why.

I need a brake.. I cant do much more I really cant. I feel like I am falling apart.... I wish I could just brake down and cry. I see people who seem so care free, not many problems, walk around with a smile on their face and rarely seem to have a crisis. How I wish I could have that as well.

I dont know what to do anymore. I want this weight that is on my back to come off, I want to feel good but to be honest I just dont know how.

Thanks for listening

Jewel
Old 06-19-2007, 06:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((( jewelz )))

Can you take a day off just for you ? If not, can you take a half day or perhaps just 30 minutes where you can do something enjoyable?

Also, it's ok to cry. Really it is. Sometimes you have to give yourself permission to do it, but it's ok. Crying is a great tension relief, and it allows you to work thru a bunch of feelings. You don't have to hold it in, although you might want to choose a place to do it - in line at the grocery store might not be your best bet...

Those people you see with the smiles on their faces? It's possible they have just come off from a really bad day. It's possible they allowed themselves to feel their feelings, shook their fist at the sky, yelled at their HP, and then let it go. Maybe, just maybe, they looked for the humor in their situations and chose to work on feelings of gratitude and joy, and they stuck a smile on their face ... "fake it til you make it" stuff.

Sorry you're having a tough time. If you lived closer I'd invite you to come for lunch. We'd watch a funny movie, then take the dogs to the dog park, where we turn them loose and let them run and play and wrestle with other dogs like a pile of happy children without a care in the world.

Hugs,
Cats
Old 06-19-2007, 06:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Jewel I'm sorry your feeling so run down. I hope u get some ME time soon to recoupe (sp). (((HUGS)))
Old 06-19-2007, 07:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hey jewelz - i'm sending you hugs. you sure could use a break. please give yourself one. blessings, k
Old 06-19-2007, 07:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((jewelz))) I'm sorry. I hope you get your break soon. It just all seems to happen at once doesn't it.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm sending hugs your way and prayers that things will get better for you soon. I hope you get the break that you deserve. Hang in there.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Arent you supposed to take a vacation soon? I hope you get your much needed rest soon
Old 06-19-2007, 07:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Do ya have somewhere beautiful nearby to go for walks. Or a gym class. That always helps me get out of my mind for awhile.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((jewelz))

Boy do I know that feeling. You just want to pack up and run away somewhere and leave everything behind. You need a brain vacation.

I found no magic cure for it myself. I daydreamed of just hiding out in some plush beautiful forest somewhere. Things kept going so wrong right and left, that it did finelly become funny. I started joking about it and that helped ease the stress a little. Stress and relaxation exercises. Hot bubble bath. Chocolate! A good funny movie. A day off, just for yourself doing whatever makes you relax.

Hugs and Prayers
B
Old 06-19-2007, 07:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

jewelz, take a deep breath & try to relax today.it has been a terrible few days for you.i wish we could all be carefree & wonderful but that is just not the way it is for us.i am sending you a big hug & hope today is the start of better days.prayers, hope
Old 06-19-2007, 07:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((Jewelz))) You are carrying a big load... it is ok to take rest.

Can you get daycare for just a day?? Then maybe go back home, sleep until noon or 1-ish, then get up and watch the sappy love movie channel, then get dressed and go outside and lay in the sun with a trashy novel, then get your son and head to a fast food restaurant for dinner.

One lazy day... just for you.

What I do know is there were days like that for me. And they did not last. And eventually I began to feel better, and the days got better and the kids got bigger and life got better.

This too shall pass.

(((hugs)))
Old 06-19-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Thanks guys for your support. It has been so hard and I do need a mental brake. I am up for vacation the week of july 4th which is in two weeks. I just have to hold on for that.

I feel like I am just braking down and if one more thing happens I will snap. Crying used to be so easy for me not so anymore. I don't even know how anymore. Sometimes it comes... few tears but a good cry I havent had that in a long time.

Even though I am not alone I feel alone.

Jewel
Old 06-19-2007, 07:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Maybe mentral cycle is thrown for a loop NO? Too much chocolate can do that to your ladies. (Just kidding) lol

I'm sorry your going through this Jewelz. You are alway's a great big insirational hug to me.... so Just sending some to (((( you ))))
Old 06-19-2007, 08:05 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Oh I have so been there.. EVERYTHING you TOUCH seems to break or require $$ to fix. You get thinking that NOTHING is going right...
but that is bad thinking (and I am sooo guilty of this).

what you need to do is think about what actually went right.

It can be as simple as turning the faucet and being grateful water comes out of it or that the toilet flushed (no more awful helpless feeling than the toilet heading for over flow and all you can do is WATCH! LOL).

I have had days where the thing I have to be grateful for is the AC is working (or heat) in my office!

And being tired and needing a break? Oh yeah..
I wish I could cry.. sometimes I do.. but it doesn't FIX anything and whatever has caused me this I still get to fix.

I pray you will have a better day today and no buses come down your street.... unless it is the Codie Bus and we are all picking you up to go on a picnic with us!
Old 06-19-2007, 08:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

I wish you guys could come get me on the codie bus and we all have a barbeque and just enjoy eachother.

Seems at times this is the only place that gets me.

Jewel
Old 06-19-2007, 08:38 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I find that if I am so weighed down and so depressed sometimes I just can't cry. That sounds like you what you are going through. When I'm feeling like that I break out all the old tear jerker movies like Beaches or Terms of Endearment...something like that to get the tears flowing and then boy oh boy does everything else just start pouring out of me. Maybe you could try that???
Old 06-19-2007, 08:53 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

nc, you know I was thinking just that earlier.

Thanks,
jewel
Old 06-19-2007, 08:55 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
rozied

Hi Jewel, boy can I relate. There r days when the problems just don't seem to end. What I do when I get so upset I can't even think, is keep moving. I run around cleaning my house, wking in the yard, washing my car, doing my hair etc, etc, anything so I can stop thnking & clear my head. I do this anytime life becomes overwhelming or have a problem I can't seem to find any answer to.
I hope you feel better soon.
Love,
Diane
Old 06-19-2007, 09:04 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Alcoholic

Damn, you plain need to HIDE! Sorry, you probably don't feel much like laughing, though sometimes you can hit that funny bone just about right... But you DO, for real. Bad Luck has just been Chasing you -- I mean, INTO your house. Wow. I know just what it's like, I have had the same thing going on, and you think, 'Man, I am doing all the right stuff, and WHY is all of this s--- still happening to me?' I have no answer. I usually say that everything happens for a reason, we just don't always know why at the time, but now, we need to find out real Soon why, right? I mean, Enough is Enough, already. I hope you have had your fair share and today the Powers that Be lighten up on your poor self already. We're all pulling for you-- and I'm with you on that comment about seeing others all happy go-lucky, too. It seems when all the stuff is hitting the fan for you worst, is when you see those around you yukking it up the most and you sink down like a sack of rocks, doesn't it? It's take a deep breath time and listen to everyone here-- the reply I read that being Carefree and Wonderful is just Not the way for Us, I found to be CLASSIC. That should go in an AA handbook, or book of Sayings somewhere, because that is a truism. Thank you for that, I wrote that down. Love and Hugs, KM
Old 06-19-2007, 09:50 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((((Jewelz))))))))))

First, watch a sad, rip-your-heart-right-outta-your chest kinda movie.
Get your cry on...
Then, later, after a fast food meal and ice cream dessert, go back home and watch something that makes you laugh till ya pee.
Movies always help me. Always.
Get outta that house for a while. Look forward to July 4th week.
You can do this. Go Jewelz! Go Jewelz! Go! Go! Go Jewelz!

I'm gonna go find a list of movies that will help ya get your cry on, and then a list of fun ones.
Hold on, I'll be right back....