Old 06-19-2007, 03:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Language of Letting Go - June 19

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Making Life Easier

Life doesn't have to be hard.

Yes, there are times we need to endure, struggle through, and rely on our survival skills. But we don't have to make life, growth, recovery, change, or our day-to-day affairs that hard all the time.

Having life be that hard is a remnant of our martyrdom, a leftover from old ways of thinking, feeling, and believing. We are worthy, even when life isn't that hard. Our value and worth are not determined by how hard we struggle.

If we're making it that hard, we may be making it harder than it needs to be, said one woman. Learn to let things happen easily and naturally. Learn to let events, and our participation in them, fall into place. It can be easy now. Easier than it has been. We can go with the flow, take the world off our shoulders, and let our Higher Power ease us into where we need to be.

Today, I will stop struggling so hard. I will let go of my belief that life and recovery have to be hard. I will replace it with a belief that I can walk this journey in ease and peace. And sometimes, it can actually be fun.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Learn to let things happen easily and naturally. Learn to let events, and our participation in them, fall into place. It can be easy now. Easier than it has been. We can go with the flow, take the world off our shoulders, and let our Higher Power ease us into where we need to be.
One of the greatest lessons of recovery I have learned is that sometimes we can just show up and let life happen, trusting that all is unfolding just as it should.

What a relief to no longer feel that I had to run the universe, and to discover that I was not responsible for the behaviour, thoughts and intentions of others. My only obligation to life is to be the best person I know how to be and accept the obstacles as gifts to further learning.

It's a beautiful day today and will remain as beautiful as I allow it to be.

Hugs
Old 06-19-2007, 07:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Learn to let events, and our participation in them, fall into place.
It was such a huge relief to me when I learned I wasn't responsible for everyone and everything. I don't have to be in charge, I don't have to direct, and I don't have to have all the answers. I can just suit up and show up, and life happens. How cool is that!

Cats
Old 06-19-2007, 02:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
krhea75

This is what I've been praying for....the peace and letting go. If my son gets back in to rehab, it happens. if he doesn't, then what happens will happen. I know that I am not responsible. I will do everything I can that I should, and then I will stop and let it unfold. Thanks for the good read, Ann
krhea
Old 06-19-2007, 05:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

I needed this today! thank you
susan