So Angry Today

Old 06-18-2007, 07:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So Angry Today

Today I had an ultrasound to check out the *ahem* girl parts.
It was pretty horrifying.
I cried all the way home.
I'm scared its something serious and I just wasted 3 years of my life with an A that couldn't give 2 ***** about me.
He knew the ultrasound was today.
Not even a single enquiry.
I'm scared and angry. I could die alone.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough day. I don't know your history so I don't have much to say. I'm sorry you're feeling alone. Just wanted to let you know someone is here and thinking about you.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What can I say? A's are selfish. Heck some people are like that whether they're an alcoholic or not! Some men just don't get stuff like that regardless Did you say something to him about your concerns? If so how did he react? Giving him the benefit of the doubt here but maybe he forgot? My A had a 5 second attention span. If I really needed him to remember something I had to remind him 5 seconds before or he really woudl forget. Not because he didn't care, just because his brain is fried from all the BOOZE!
Hope all turns out ok for you.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

AllMyFault, before you start thinking the worst, let me tell you that I've had three ultrasounds for suspected endometrial cancer. The time I had one in May '05, my ob/gyn really thought there was something wrong going on in there. I just had another ultrasound last month to make sure I was still okay and all they found were some totally nonmalignant fibroids.

I don't know your age or your risk factors (like family history/genetics), but as long as you keep getting tested for ANYTHING as soon as you have any symptoms that raise your concern, you should be fine.

I think you should try to let go of your disappointment about his indifference. You're expecting him to act like he's not an addict. I had surgery on BOTH of my knees (torn tendons) in January '05 and AH laid on the floor passed out dead drunk with my crutches beside him. I had to literally crawl using my arms to get to the toilet. All my screaming didn't bring him out of his "coma." Now getting up onto the toilet without the aid of my legs was quite an acrobatic stunt, but I did it. Man, I have STRONG arms! LOL!!! What AH did was outrageous, but I just blew it off. After all, this guy can't even deal with his own life - why should I expect him to deal with mine?
Old 06-18-2007, 07:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
full of hope

(((((((AMF))))))))

Thinking about you!
Old 06-18-2007, 07:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=AllMyFault;1376557I'm scared its something serious and I just wasted 3 years of my life with an A that couldn't give 2 ***** about me.[/QUOTE]

Alcoholic or not, I'm not going to defend him - he acted like a jerk. IMHO, of course.

I hope everything turns out ok - try to keep the thoughts positive. I also hope that no matter how it turns out, you will remember this thought about wasting time. One of my biggest turning points came when it really hit home I was not living my best life; I was wasting a precious gift on someone else's potential.

Keep us posted - sending you good thoughts.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, yup he sure does know it. I mentioned it to him in an email today. Did I get any response or enquiry about that, nope. Only an email about rent and ****.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi sweetie pie. I hope you are feeling better. I understand how you feel. First off, you are not alone. Secondly, remember this fellow is a fellow, after all, and all this could be going right over his head. He may have no idea how you are feeling. I'm sure I could drop over in a dead faint and mine AH wouldn't notice until dinner was late. Then it's like, "who me? What are you talking about, what's the matter with you?" Ahhhhhhhhh.
Although scary, try hard not to think the worst. This is the time to call your girlfriends or who ever and get some support from where you can get it. Hugs.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Guess what, I'm not crazy.

I totaly understand

The sad thing is they get so lost in their little world that they don't see or seem to care about anything else. I grew up with alcaholic parents and so when my husband is not there when I need him most, I am hurt to the core and yet not suprised. It's what I know. Not what I wan, but just the way it is.

I'm sorry your going through this alone. Here is a hug <<<<<HUG>>>>> I hope it makes you feel a bit better.
D