The Sherriff Called

Old 06-18-2007, 12:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Sherriff Called

A Deputy Called Today Asking If I Knew Where As Was. Apparently His 15year Old Agf's Father Is Looking For Her. He Showed Up Here At Three This Morning To Show His Mother He's Sleeping In His Truck. Agf Was With Him. His Mother Told Him We Still Stand Behimd Our Offer To Pay For His First Month In A Halfway, He Said He Wasn;t Leaving Agf So His Mom Told Him To Take Care. I Told The Deputy I Had No Idea Where He Was Which I Don't. So I Dont Know If Her Father Filed A Missing Child, Or Kidnapping Or What. His Mom Warned Him Again Last Night That If He Kept Seeing Agf Someone Would Put Him In Jail. Once Again Hes Not Listening
Old 06-18-2007, 12:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Laketime,

Hate so much for you & Mrs. Lake to be going thru this painful experience. Praying that your AS will reach out for help soon.

Please take care of yourself - that is tough stuff detaching w/ love with our kids.

((hugs to you & Mrs. Lake))

Rita
Old 06-18-2007, 12:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

well, if he's not going to listen, he's not going to listen. he will face his consequences. i wish he would choose an easier path. but he, like my daughter, seem hell bent to choose a harder one. i'll pray with you, laketime - k
Old 06-18-2007, 12:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
On a tear

Prayers going out to you, Laketime. And to AS and his mom.

And to the AGF father - he must be sick with worry. Though I agree you did the right thing with the cops - no way to know WHAT was behind the phone call.

I hope they can both find some recovery.... very soon.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Unhappy

You and your family remain in my prayers. I'm sorry.
susan
Old 06-18-2007, 06:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sending prayers your way. The last time I talked to my daughter I told her that she could use drugs to escape her problems, but someday they will quit working and she will have to face the destruction that she has left behind. I only pray that she will be strong enough to do it. Hugs, Marle
Old 06-18-2007, 06:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sending prayers Lake...keep in mind that things always look darkest just before dawn.
((((Hugs))))
Cece
Old 06-18-2007, 07:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

they don't listen, wish they did. i will say a prayer for you son & his g.f.that they can find their way. take care of yourself.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Lake,
Well, first of all, sorry you're going through all this, it's heartwrenching to watch it all unfold.

But the bottom line, is what's going to happen is going to happen. Nothing you can say or do about it. Just remember, he has someone looking out for him, and leading him right where he needs to be. Have faith. I know it's hard, and no less a heartache....

Hugs,
Old 06-18-2007, 07:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sending prayers for all of you. I'm sorry you have to go through this.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Here's a prayer and hug for you and mrs. Lake. You are doing the right thing, no matter how hard it is.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((((LakeTime))))))))

Did I ever tell you the story of my as and the underage girl that lived across the street from us in Pennsylvania? Her dad had to drive to Bum-F Kentucky to pick her up after they were pulled over for dui? As was very lucky her father didn't kill him.
Just told him to stay away from her and pay him gas money for driving to pick her up. She was on probation to begin with for running away. She was/is a coke head.
Her parents have since gotten divorced. Addiction tears families apart.
Stay strong, honey. I pray for his rock bottom to come soon.

Old 06-19-2007, 05:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Dont have kids so this is just my opinion. So take anything I say with a grain of salt. ;-)

Shes not just his AGF. Shes somebodys 15 year old daughter. You worry about yours. Her Dads probably worried sick too. And he probably has just as much control over her as you do over yours too. If he contacted the police that might mean hes lost contact and hes REALLY worried.

Just my opinion. Personally I think somebody needs to let this poor man know his kid is still breathing. You dont have to talk to her Dad but did you tell the police you saw her and that she was okay.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

(((Lake))) (((Mrs.Lake)))
Old 06-20-2007, 11:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Lake: Good advice above. I guess there really is nothing you can do. He is responsible for his own actions. I will keep you and Mrs. Lake in my prayers.