Need strength and prayers

Old 06-18-2007, 03:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Need strength and prayers

After being awake all night long with my dog Trixie who just turned 18 years old this past Friday ......it is now time this morning to bring her to the vet so that she can put to sleep and be with my husband in eternal rest.....

This is so difficult to do but the right thing to do ...she has lived through so much-cancer she beat it...liver problem she beat it....being attacked by a rotty she lived....having diabetes and being blind for the last 4 years. She is a tuff one.

I now know why my parents and any parent take animals from us when we are young and say that as mine did "she is going to be groomed" it was to shield us from pain-I was angry for a long time about that but forgave them, I forgive them even more now as I sit in tears going to do this ...

Please everyone over the course of the day send prayers and strength....I have Trixie's daughter Samantha and we are both not doing so great today. Tomorrow will be a new day-

Trixie(with head on Samantha) and Samantha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Girls.jpg (67.7 KB, 57 views)
Old 06-18-2007, 04:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

awe rella i know how very difficult this is, but be comforted that you are doing the most loving humain thing for her.

if you can, find a distraction today or tomorrow -that really helped me when i put my cat to sleep. i was lucky because we had a vacation planned and put her to sleep right before we had to leave for it. it really helped to not just sit at home.

okay, prayers going now! hugs too!!!
Old 06-18-2007, 05:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((rella)))
Old 06-18-2007, 05:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
full of hope

Rella, Sooo sorry!!!

(((((TRIXIE))))) ((((((RELLA)))))
Old 06-18-2007, 05:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((rella))) I'm so sorry. I know how badly this hurts. For the first time ever, I had to make the painful decision to put my cat to sleep in February due to kidney failure. I was a complete wreck for almost 2 weeks. I allowed myself to grieve and not be embarrassed by the passing of "just a cat". She was a part of our family. Her name was Lexi and I miss her everyday. Stopping the pain and suffering is truly the kindest gift an owner can give their pet, though it may not feel that way at the time. It gets better with time. I promise. (((Hugs Again)))
Old 06-18-2007, 06:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hugs, rella. k
Old 06-18-2007, 06:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((((RELLA))))))

Will our simiralities ever cease?!?!?!?

I had to put my 18 year old siberian (Kashja) down last year. 2 months after I buried my Mom. Talk about a DOUBLE whammy,,,

You know as well as I girl, you gotta let yourself grieve

I'm sending the spirits your way,,,

Peace AND love
Old 06-18-2007, 06:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

oh honey i'm so sorry.

i put my golden retriever down in march and it was such a horrible day for me. i went in the room and pet him and held his paw as he breathed for the last time, and even thinking about it now is making me tear up.

you gave her a loving home and a wonderful life for the past 18 years, and she's going to a better place. we're all thinking about you over here, let us know how it goes.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Rella))

Please accept my sympathy. Prayers for you & Trixie & Samantha.

Rita
Old 06-18-2007, 12:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My prayers are with you.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

and prayers hon.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You ok Rella?

Wishing you,,,,

Peace
Old 06-18-2007, 05:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

((((((Rella))))))
Old 06-18-2007, 05:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

(((Rella))) So sorry....just so very sorry. I know the deep hurt from this kind of loss. My heart goes out to you, truly.

2 years ago I had to make the call to put my wonderful golden down too. He was 15 and a half. Like your precious Trixie, he'd been through hell and fought the odds and won time and time again. Such a brave and loving soul. He was a wonderful companion. I literally held his head in my hands and kept kissing him right out of this world and into the next. When I felt his head go limp and heavy, I gently laid it down, knowing he was gone. I laid down beside him, spooning him and crying like I hadn't cried in years. I kept crying that night, the next day and for many days and nights that followed I cried then too.

Do what you need to do for you now, knowing you've done the only thing and the best thing for your sweet Trixie.

God Bless you.

~ghm
Old 06-18-2007, 06:44 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I know how you feel and now I'm crying. Animals mean so much to us, they bring unconditional love. Your dog had a good long life and brought you so much happiness and I am certain you did the same for her. Just let yourself grieve and cry and know she's not in pain anymore.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:04 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

The Fragile Circle

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own,
live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan."

--Irving Townsend

I've been a dog lover since I was 6 years old, when my first canine companion walked happily into my life. I've spent the next 41 years surrounded by furry companions. My life isn't complete without them. They aren't just my faithful companions, they're family, and each one of them has completely captured my heart. Over the years, I've lost many precious dogs. And while the pain of losing them is unbearable, the joy they brought into my life is well worth the pain of losing them. And like Irving Townsend said, even though I know my heart will break every 10-12 years, I still would live no other way.

My heart goes out to you in your time of sorrow.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:20 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Former Doormat you floor me with your words as always! Thank you-

GodHelpMe and everyone else I'm in tears here!

My little one Samantha.....has been sleeping with Trixie's little doggie stuffed animal that she rested her head for days before I brought her yesterday-she is having a tuff time-

Trixie went in peace...no noises, flutters she just took one deep breathe and blew in my face and went peacefully.....in my arms.

"I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force you to stay."

I'm not doing so well today-As mentioned by others on here they are FAMILY....but it will get easier....

I put her on the rainbow bridge for those of you who do not know about it....
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/...3/Resident.htm

Thank you for all the support! Love you GUYS!

Last edited by Rella927; 06-19-2007 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:34 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rella927 View Post
"I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force you to stay."

What a beautiful expression of your love!

Lifting you up in my thoughts & prayers,

Rita
Old 06-20-2007, 07:03 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Ok not to pull this thread back up but.....I'm having a pretty bad day over here! I have been trying so hard! The pain for those of you who know with the animals is such an unreal amount of pain! I think with me it is also a double whammy with the fact that she was bought at a new beginning of my life with my short journey with my husband.

I'm blessed she was able to stay with me so long after my husbands passing and know she is with him now but, the pain at times is so unbearable!

Sorry to have brought this thread back up! I just needed to vent to people I know I can vent too! (((Hugs))) SR thank you for being YOU and all the amazing support you have shown me for many reasons in my life!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:47 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

((Rella))

Don't have to apologize for reaching out for help. That's why SR is here.

Rita