OMG!! I'm gonna throw up!!

Old 06-17-2007, 09:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
President

OMG!! I'm gonna throw up!!

Okay, I just applied to be pre-qualified for a mortgage. I'm soooo nervous!!!! The goal was to have all the money together for the down payment by August. This month has been a bit of a roadbump, but I'm managing it. Am I doing the right thing????? Why am I soooo nervous????????
Old 06-17-2007, 09:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

I think you're doing the right thing!!! You're nervous because it's a big step. Now.......when you get this house, where exactly will my room be?? LOL
Old 06-17-2007, 09:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
President

I told you, there's 3 bedrooms.... we only need 2! And, there's an apartment in the basement!!!!!
Old 06-17-2007, 09:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

it is a big step buying a home.i think you are doing the right thing.it is beautiful.the begining of the begining.prayers, hope
Old 06-17-2007, 09:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
President

Awwww.... thank you hope!!!! I'm just not sure how people know when they're ready!!
Old 06-17-2007, 10:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

NGU...

I think this is SO EXCITING!

I went thru this last summer. I closed on my house last June and the whole mortgage process had my stomach in knots because I had so many 'issues' related to exah's drug use and our damaged credit.

All I can tell ya is that things will work out when they are meant to. I hit a few roadblocks along the way too but eventually, the mortgage went thru and I found just the right home. I am so happy here. Its so nice to have a little slice of heaven thats ALL YOURS!

I'm sending my biggest prayers that things work out as they should and that you get the home of your dreams. Is that the house your looking at in your avatar??? Its SO CUTE!!

Good luck NGU!!!
Old 06-17-2007, 10:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It's a big move to buy a house, but it's also a good investment. My thoughts are to stick to a mortgage with a payment you could afford even in a bad month. That may mean buying a smaller house, but in the end you will suffer less paying for it.

And making your payments weekly or twice a month will signifiicantly reduce the time it takes to pay it off.

And doesn't every codie have a spare bedroom and an apartment in the basement?

Hugs from your resident accountant.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
President

I picked that house because I absolutely love it, and because there's an apartment that I can rent out in it. Which, would help for those rough months. The way I figured it, the mortgage and the utilities would come out to about 30% of my monthly income (w/o the renter). I've paid off almost all of my debts. I have the bankruptcy from 2 years ago still on my credit so my interest rates would be a little high. I'm waiting to see what numbers come back from the mortgage companies and then decide if I need a relative to co-sign on the mortgage for me to bring the interest rates down. But, they said since my income is high and I have no debt, I should be okay. It still just makes me nervous!!!!!

And, it has an office in it, and cute backyard, an attic, a nice garage, and the spare room could be J's playroom! And, I like the area and the school district. Which would mean that I can stop paying for private school for J!!!

Last edited by nevergivingup; 06-17-2007 at 10:19 AM. Reason: I type too fast, and make too many mistakes!
Old 06-17-2007, 11:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Maybe you could look at it as a good nervous excitement thingy you have going on. That is a big positive step. Sounds like you can afford it and it is beautiful. Go for it girl. Think of where you would be ten years from now if you don't. And think of where you will be if you do. Hugs, Marle
Old 06-17-2007, 11:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Of course you are nervous, that is a big step! But it sounds like you have done your homework and if it feels right , then go for it! The house is beautiful and sounds great! Good luck with all of the paperwork and stuff. Take a deep breath along the way too!!
Keep us posted!
Terri
Old 06-17-2007, 11:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

It is ALWAYS scary to take on a huge debt. I am on my.. third house.. and entering into a mortgage should never be taken lightly.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

WOW! How exciting is this?
Is it like that feeling when you're on the very edge of the roller coaster looking down?

Buying a house is a BIG step, but it's what grownups do! ha ha

Let us know how it goes...

By the way, you house will be well equipped for any emergency, with an Accountant, and an R.N.
By the way...my favorite color is BLUE...(hint...hint)

Hugs,
Old 06-17-2007, 01:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

the picture........is that the house?
Old 06-17-2007, 01:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

will keep my fingers crossed for you.................try to relax.............and see how it turns out!! Big step and a good step for you and your son!
Old 06-17-2007, 02:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Is there enough room in the Back yard for a barn and 20 milking cows?
Old 06-17-2007, 02:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Wow...you go girl! Whatever the outcome you are taking huge positive steps!
Trying is what it is all about, one foot in front of the other...Onward and Upward...YES!

Rose
Old 06-17-2007, 02:33 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good luck. I hope you get the house without too much trouble. At least J will have someplace to play and still be safe.
Hugs and prayers coming your way.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:51 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
cmc

Wowie! I'm so happy for you! It sounds perfect. Do the cat's get a room too?
Old 06-17-2007, 05:55 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Originally Posted by cmc View Post
Do the cat's get a room too?
Holy mind readers!! I was just going to ask that very same question!! I think Julio needs his own place with a room just for his bottle cap collection.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:34 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
President

I think Julio will be the cow in the backyard! Perhaps I'll build him his very own barn!!!!! Oh, and the house isn't that far from a cemetary! You all know how much he loves dead people!

That's the house I want, but I'm not completely attached to it. I wanted to get pre-qualified for a mortgage and then go house hunting. But, I do really, really, really like that house (and yes, it's the one in the picture!!!).