i feel like leaving

Old 06-14-2007, 06:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry i feel like leaving

i can't trust him, i think he is always lying to me, because he has done it so well before. It is to the point i feel like leaving because I can't handle being with my husband the alcoholic, i'm afraid theses feeling will never go away and i'm so tired of living with this worry. What i'm I to do? How can I magiclly make theses feeling go away.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i don't even know if i can live with the sober husband because i'm so afraid of being f@@@ed over by him. How can you tell that i'm so messed up and just plain old pissed off right now, becuase i think he is out drinking while out of town on business.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((redbear))))

I hear ya. Do what feels right to you. These feeling might magically go away when he walks thru the door and they might not. Take good care of you my dear!!!
Old 06-14-2007, 07:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Is Alanon a possibility?
Old 06-14-2007, 07:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by splendra View Post
((((redbear))))

I hear ya. Do what feels right to you. These feeling might magically go away when he walks thru the door and they might not. Take good care of you my dear!!!
nice has a hisssss...interesting
Old 06-14-2007, 07:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i am in Alanon. i'm just a beginer, it has been three weeks for me and it is a struggle to walk through the door knowing everyone is going to turn and look at you knowing your secert already....i have been hiding theses secerts for so long...it is hard to let go of them
Old 06-14-2007, 07:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Welcome Red Bear! (((Hugs))))

Read the stickies at the top of the forum and keep posting-

You are not alone in what you are feeling alot of people have been where you are-you have come to a great place!

Al-Anon can be a struggle at first I know when I first went I sat in the parking lot and watched everyone go in! You may need to go to 10 different ones before you feel comfortable! Only you will know that! It took me close to 8 meetings at different places till I found the right place!

As for secrets there no secrets in Al-Anon what is in that room stays in that room! It is a wonderful outlet if we are willing to allow it to be!

I remember feeling what you are feeling and thinking that it would never go away but they do and they will with a bit of work and love to the most important person you!

Do some reading of the stickies it is a great way to start!

(((HUGS)))))
Old 06-15-2007, 04:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((((((redbear)))))))

please click on my name and read my first post i ever made here.....it's about al-anon.

love to you, redbear.....you are not alone in this....and you never have to be alone in this journey again. you have all of us. and all of us have either gone through it, living with it, or trying to make sense of it all.

imo.....there really are no secrets when it comes to alcoholism and the effects.....i always thought i was so good at hiding the secrets, but hells fire.....everyone knew!

how could they have not known???? the look on my face alone was the perfect poster picture the spouse of an alcoholic.

love to you
jeri
Old 06-15-2007, 06:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi redbear - I made the decision to let go while AH was also out of town, drinking, so I understand where you're coming from. Those times apart became very stressful for that reason - worrying about the drinking.

I would suggestion continuing with Al-Anon. I spent the first few months just absorbing. When I worry that others there "know" my secrets (which for me was really my shame), I remind myself they have their secrets, too. Releasing the secrets/shame has changed my life.

One thing that really helped me was deciding not to make any major changes in my life for a year. That doesn't mean change didn't happen, but I took the burden off myself of whether to stay or go, etc.

Keep posting - it helps to see it put in writing.

((()))
Old 06-15-2007, 06:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Redbear,,,,Welcome,,,

I started with the three c's,,

I did not Cause it
I can not Control it
I can not Cure it

it was/is my mantra when I start twising about his drinking,,,

it is a struggle to walk through the door knowing everyone is going to turn and look at you knowing your secert already
Ummmm,,sweetie,,,they all have the same "secret"

Keep going, at the very least its putting the focus back where it belongs, on YOU instead of the A

Keep posting,,we're glad your here

Peace
Old 06-16-2007, 06:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by redbear View Post
i can't trust him, i think he is always lying to me, because he has done it so well before. It is to the point i feel like leaving because I can't handle being with my husband the alcoholic, i'm afraid theses feeling will never go away and i'm so tired of living with this worry. What i'm I to do? How can I magiclly make theses feeling go away.
I feel ya. But, we love them, so we end up going thru hell with them. I suppose one day it may get to be too much. I have never been hurt this bad in my life during a relationship, but I love her, so I deal with it. I run the gammet of emotions and she makes me incredible angry, and in turn she gets angry with me because I stand in the way of her getting alcohol. It's hard for me to understand why she thinks she has the right to be angry, when I should be the one enraged, but it is because of the alcohol. I've never been verbally abused so much in my life.