as called saturday night

Old 06-14-2007, 11:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

as called saturday night

as calls me friday. i was at a wedding function for a friends daughter. he wanted to talk. i told him i could not just drop everything and "talk" right now. i would be glad to talk in the morning. hes been out since easter roaming with 15year old agf. i heard they were staying with her grandparents, probably stealing them blind. i havent heard from him since then ,so i guess the importance of the talk or his high wore off. i found out from little brother when he let him in to get some clothes that he stole little brothers playstation, wonder what pawn shop thats in. he also told little brother of his desire to physically harm me since i was making his life so hard(not letting him live at home on drugs with agf). does anyone think i should be worried or is this just more quacking
Old 06-14-2007, 11:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think your should worry because you just never know. There are news reports almost everyday about people murdering family members. You should find a way for you to protect yourself and if he attempts to harm you, you show him who the adult is. JMHO
Old 06-14-2007, 11:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've been in your spot too. I wasn't so afraid of my daugher, except when on drugs, but her friends scare me to death! I also would take it seriously, drugs make them someone else. They aren't are kids when drugs are in the system. I personally had new alarm system, notified my police dept (for what good that did) and made sure she understood if anything happened, was stolen, or looked out of place I would report her and file charges. Nothing ever happened to me, but like Noah said, everyday, somewhere it does.
You're in my prayers,
susan
Old 06-14-2007, 12:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would report the playstation. I'm sure hes mad that u made his life harder I mean its so much easier when u can use and still come home and lay in a comfie bed. I certainly wouldnt let him back in unless u or another adult was there who knows what he might take next time. I would take this threat very seriously.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My daughter never made any direct threats but she is an only child so I made sure to tell her that the will has been changed and she is no longer getting anything. I also told her that we now sleep with a loaded gun and the 4 dogs are not kept in the kitchen anymore. This I still do because you never know what kind of people the addict associates with. I also have told people that if anything happens to me to make sure the police look at her first. So should you be concerned. Any threat should be taken seriously when it comes to addiction. Marle
Old 06-14-2007, 12:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Id definitly take it serious. Also he may not even come at you but his little brotherf who lives at home and is the good son. What better way to get at you than through those you love. Also try to keep in mind that this is not who your son is on the inside. Its just him on drugs.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I was the addict too in my family. I brought all kinds of people around that stole my family blind while I was using and even after I quit. My kids were threatened when I wanted out. They lay in wait and never do anything in front of you. They will do it when you least expect it and where it hurts the most. I know.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
let it grow!

it's so hard to make sense of. it's best not to try? blessings, laketime - i understand. k
Old 06-14-2007, 01:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

drugs can make someone do things they would never even consider when sober so I would worry. (sorry) IMHO a restraining order would probably be a good idea.

good luck and my prayers will be with you
Old 06-14-2007, 04:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I would definitely take precautions. My as sold his playstation and all of his games when he was using. Good Luck.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
On a tear

Dammit, Laketime... I am sorry.

I guess we can't live like prisoners... but reasonable precautions are probably warranted. Lock the doors, leave on the lights, get a dog, set an alarm.... then let your HP decide the rest.

You are a different person than when you first arrived. Stronger, in many ways and sadder, too, I think.

I go to open AA meetings and speaker meetings sometimes... I get lots of "hope" there. I just ordered some AA and Alanon speaker tapes/cds to play in the car...for when I can't make time for a meeting.

You might consider doing that - just to see if you feel better.

If you don't know which speaker to order.... just try some at random. Let HP lead ya.... (((hugs)))
Old 06-14-2007, 04:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((LakeTime))))))

I'm so sorry for all that is happening with your as.
Our children become someone else when using drugs.
My son made threats about my husband to me when he was angry,
which was pretty often when he was dope sick. I never took them seriously.
No matter how messed up my son was, I felt in my heart, that he could never bring himself to do anything really bad. He was just blowing smoke.
I could be wrong, I don't know.
He could be just running his jib to your other son, or...
You probably shouldn't take any chances. You know him better than we do.
Do you believe he'd be capable of hurting someone that loves him?
It's a mess, that's for sure. I'm very sorry for you and your family going through this.
Drugs s*ck!
Keeping you all in my prayers,
Old 06-14-2007, 05:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Survivor

I am so sorry you are going through this......as another Mom of a AS, I understand how we hate to think that our children could harm us, but we never thought that they would be addicts either......and the child we love is not in control, so yes I would be very cautious.....drugs make people do bad things, things they would never do otherwise....I also think I would report the playstation being stolen, if for no other reason but to let little brother know that you value him and his possessions and that bad acts carry consequences......

Peace