Detox- then rehab

Old 06-14-2007, 05:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Detox- then rehab

This will be very quick
AD went to detox yesterday, after that then rehab somewhere.
Just for today she is safe and getting help.
Just for today I'm exhausted but ready to go to work.
She had a friend on stand-by to take her yesterday in case I wouldn't, I just don't understand how she could think I wouldn't take her to get help??
Maybe more later, unless I crash when I get home.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Blue pansy, Sending prayers that she gets into rehab. Get some sleep Hugs, Marle
Old 06-14-2007, 06:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

she's safe today, so you get to rest and take a break. do so, and be grateful. blessings, k

(prayers out to you and your daughter - so glad she found her way to detox)
Old 06-14-2007, 06:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks to God she is safe and headed in the right direction!
I know you feel better!
susan
Old 06-14-2007, 04:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
On a tear

....what a relief, eh? I know the feeling, Blue.

Today... breathe. Tonight....sleep.

(((hugs)))
Old 06-14-2007, 07:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Question

I'm really glad she's finally doing it right. Until now she's thought that she can do it mostly by herself at home or even at school. This is her first time in detox, the last time over a month ago she was in the mental health part of the hospital and came out after only 4 days. Now that wasn't enough time for her to really get it. I don't even know if she'll get it this time. I'd like to think that she will, but it's not up to me.
My problem now is, I'm out of tears. I'm not sure if I've detached toooo far or what. Or maybe this whole thing over the last year and a half has just worn me down so much to really feel anything. Even though last week I was so angry with her, so I don't even know anymore.
Has anyone else gotten to this point? It's like, she's safe, can't get into any trouble right now, so I'll just sort of ignore the whole thing. Or just put it out of my mind for a bit until I feel I can handle it better? Or have I given it up to the one who can really do something about it, so I can sit back relax and not worry? Or has she pushed me to the point where I really don't care? Or am I worrying about me because I really don't have anything better to worry about right now?
Old 06-14-2007, 07:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Blue, I was at a similar point at one time and truly think I was just numb. I think my brain did this as a survival mechanism, and I am grateful for that. I too wondered what was going on, but in time the emotions resurfaced.

I used the time my daughter was in rehab to really focus on me. I spent time here, reading recovery books (for my recovery, not hers) going to some open NA and AA meetings (because I found such hope there and it helped in my understanding which lead to more compassion) and attending as many Naranon meetings as I could. I decided if my daughter was going to give it her best shot, I should too. That really, really helped me to face what happened after that and to enjoy the precious times I had with my daughter when she came home.
For me, it was the face to face meetings that helped me "defrost" and let my emotions back in. I could cry at a meeting and everyone understood and I never felt I was being judged. My home group is like being wrapped in the biggest comforting hug imaginable.
Hugs and prayers for both of you. I hope you sleep well tonight.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Blue,
That's really good news, now you make sure you get some well deserved mental, and physical rest!
Old 06-15-2007, 06:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

We don't know how to take the time that is somewhat "normal". I think I'm used to living in crisis mode. But, learning to relax, enjoy, and Let God!
Prayers and my best,
susan
Old 06-16-2007, 03:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Blue, I'm so happy she is ready to get help. It is a good time to focus on yourself. It is a big load off knowing she is safe.