the dealer called

Old 06-13-2007, 06:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

the dealer called

Asked for my daughter. Her dad simply said "you must have the wrong number". click....

I'd like to call him, report him, have him beat to a pulp. ANYTHING. How dare he call my home. I guess now I'll start setting the alarms and not sleeping again.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

wow what nerve................

this stinks, seems they just never want to let them slip away.......I hate drugs and dealers!!!
Old 06-13-2007, 06:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am sorry that you had to get that phonecall. Sending some hugs, Marle
Old 06-13-2007, 06:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I certainly understand your feelings....I too am so sorry you had to receive such a call. Her dad handled it very well.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I guess now I'll start setting the alarms and not sleeping again.
Sorry you got that call it had to be upsetting for you. But I really don't think you have to worry about him coming to your house. Most dealers are good at scaring an beating up addicts that owe them money, but won't really go after their parents, or normal people. My ad use to live with a dealer I told every cop I came in contact with who he was an where he lived. He never was arrested for selling so it didn't really do any good.
Will keep you an your family I my prayers.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lostparent--you're right, it does no good! I have done the same thing. CHanged my phone number, then she gave it out again. Hopefully, prayerfully, he'll think we changed it again and not call again. At least for now she is safe, getting help, and making some progress...and he has no idea where she is!!
Thanks for the words and prayers everyone. It was a really weird feeling.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think I may have had that a couple of times. This older guy that as was in school with would call our home in the morning on occasion. I used to wonder what this older man would want with my son. As claimed he probably needed a ride. I never believed that story. I kind of new all along he was probably owed money and wanted to see if he was getting it that day, I'm sure.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
let it grow!

caileesnana, thinking about you. that would freak me out too. blessings, k
Old 06-14-2007, 04:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((Caileesnana))))))

They can do some pretty low things, let me tell ya.
When my son was first released from jail, (6 months for robbing my home. I was dumb enough to let him come back after he was released)a guy called and asked for him. I said, " well, he's kinda restricted from using my phone. He's in trouble."
Yeah, I actually said that. lol. My son was 24 yo. lol
He said he use to know him from school and just wanted to wish him luck on his recovery and to stay away from the sh*t. I was like, "duh, okay."
As talked for 2 minutes and said, "mom, why did you let me talk to that guy? I owe him money."
WTF? This is my problem, why?
Anyway, I felt like a real idiot. Almost violated, ya know?
I told my as that if he ever, and I do mean ever, gives out my phone number to any more of his so-called "friends", then he could go live with'em.
This same guy also dropped dope into my (underlined) mailbox while as was on house arrest. Get this, I paid the dealer the money my son owed him. Twice.
Yeah, dealers do low things, and codies do asinine things.
Sorry that happened to you and your hubby.
Trial and error, sweetie. Trial and error.
Hugs to you,
Old 06-14-2007, 05:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

When my ex went to jail around this time last year, a couple of his dealers came around asking for him saying he owed money. I thought, "oh, s**t-i hope they don't expect me to pay...
I told them he's locked up. They immediatly started in with, 'well how come me and you haven't kicked it yet?? One of them offered to buy me a car if i would be his girl..UGH! Last thing I need is to go from dating an addict to dating his dealers...I changed my number and stopped answering the door.

Don't worry, they aren't going to ask you for money. They will probably leave you alone.