Update on AS home from rehab

Old 06-13-2007, 06:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on AS home from rehab

Just thought I'd post to say that as is still home and drug free. Also doesn't have job yet or money though. He has applied a few places, but hasn't heard anything. He's still not quite sure what he wants to do with his life. I don't care what kind of job he gets as long as he remains drug free. Now that he's sober, he can't believe how stupid and screwed up his life has been for the last 4 years. He even calls himself a knucklehead. He says he can't really even remember the last 4 years he lost. I hope this is an important lesson, the next time there is any temptation.

I just pray, when he does find employment, he can stay clean. That will be the true test.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Louise,

I am so happy for your good news. My son was seven months clean and doing well and unfortunately relapsed but i take heart that he picked himself up walked four miles to a meeting and wanted to keep his job so badly that now he is riding a bike to work (five miles) since his wife kept the car. Whether his marriage survives is in limbo but he said he has to prove to himself he can do this. So my hopes and prayers are with you and your son. i would urge you to remember one thing. You need to remember for lack of a better word that their brain has also been "hijacked" by the drug and it needs time to heal too. Also their emotional growth, so I've been told, stopped when drug use began . SO just be proud of every small victory he achieves because it is a struggle and each day makes them stronger. God bless you and your son and I will say a prayer for him today......dixied
Old 06-13-2007, 07:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

that is good news to know he is still clean.i believe that if they are clean & stay that way the rest will fall in place.prayers for him & you too.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
let it grow!

thanks for sharing - so very happy for you and your family! blessings, k
Old 06-13-2007, 07:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was wondering about you and your son this morning. I'm glad he is doing well, sounds like he continues to try.
God bless you both,
susan
Old 06-13-2007, 07:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Louise, So glad to hear that you son is still doing well. This change of life takes time. I know I always want everything to fall into place right away. The job will come. Like Dixed said his brain has to heal also. I'm thanking God for the good days.
I'm glad you are having some peace right now.

Hugs..............Lo
Old 06-13-2007, 07:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

P.S. It's hard to get on the computer now that he is home. Now, I am going through SR withdraw. Lol.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Louise, You and your son are still in my prayers. Thanks for the positive update. I love them. Hugs, Marle
Old 06-13-2007, 01:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lousie, thanks for letting us know how things are going. Keeping you both in my prayers
Old 06-13-2007, 05:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((Louise))))))))

Keep working your own recovery, sweetie.
Focus on you. It'll be hard. Especially after he gets and job and starts makin' money of his own. Keep your boundries in place and stay in touch here.
Sending prayers that this is his time to shine and special mom prayers up for you.
Love ya,