need information

Old 06-12-2007, 09:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

need information

Friends, I think my son is having a relapse and I was wondering about something that I noticed in his car. While he was in treatment I had his car cleaned top to bottom and found signs of drug use. I also noticed something odd, but I cannot identify it as drug related. I found some gold-colored filaments or thin strands of wire, similar to what would be left behind if a person were using a metal scouring pad in a kitchen. Can anyone tell me how such an item may be connected with drug use? His doc before treatment was heroin.

Thanks so much.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

others may be able to give you an answer. i don't know. but prayers...k
Old 06-12-2007, 09:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like a scouring pad maybe being torn into pieces to place into a glass pipe to hold crack in place to be smoked. Thats my guess.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i dont know much about heroin use, but when my husband was using CRACK i found that everywhere. from what i have learned it is used as a "filter" in the pipe when smoking many types of drugs.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just out of curiosity... why are you cleaning out his car?!
Old 06-12-2007, 09:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Starry Girl

Yes it sounds like choreboy or scouring pad that is used to smoke substances, most notably crack. Sorry!

I too cleaned out my AH's car when he was in treatment, but mostly because it was at my house and I refused to have any drugs or paraphenalia near me or my home.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Here's a related article:

Rouson believes they can tell the tube's usual purpose by watching their clientele. The typical rose tube buyer is the man who picks up a 40-ounce bottle of beer and a Chore Boy scouring pad, which is used as a screen, then asks for "a stem," Rouson says.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Opps..need 15 posts to post a link:

Old 06-12-2007, 09:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Old 06-12-2007, 09:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Link:

http://www.sptimes.com/News/081001/F...by_any_o.shtml

Rouson believes they can tell the tube's usual purpose by watching their clientele. The typical rose tube buyer is the man who picks up a 40-ounce bottle of beer and a Chore Boy scouring pad, which is used as a screen, then asks for "a stem," Rouson says.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post
Friends, I think my son is having a relapse and I was wondering about something that I noticed in his car. While he was in treatment I had his car cleaned top to bottom and found signs of drug use. I also noticed something odd, but I cannot identify it as drug related. I found some gold-colored filaments or thin strands of wire, similar to what would be left behind if a person were using a metal scouring pad in a kitchen. Can anyone tell me how such an item may be connected with drug use? His doc before treatment was heroin.

Thanks so much.
I don't know much about heroin, but..

This can be a sign of crack smoking...speaker wire and brillo pads (the coppery kind) are used as a sort of 'filter' in a crack pipe...

There was a thread a while back called "signs of use". There is a lot of good info there.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GretaG View Post

Link:

http://www.sptimes.com/News/081001/F...by_any_o.shtml

Yes this is true!! people have gotten some of the stores around here to stop selling these flower tubes and sometimes they are glass pens, etc. Many of these stores also sell tiny peices of brillo as a filter..
Old 06-12-2007, 11:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

yea I find chore boys(enough to wash dishes at Cracker Barrel for a year) all over the place and those little stems too. I wish they were being used for what the intended reason was...I guess stock in chore boy has gone up huh...
Old 06-12-2007, 12:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sounds like crack. A lot of heroin addicts will smoke crack and heroin at the same time. Supposed to make the crack high more mellow. So don't be misled because you thought he was a heroin addict. I thought my daughter was just an opiate addict too, but she told me she will smoke crack if she has a downer available at the same time. Marle
Old 06-12-2007, 03:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks for all of the information regarding the Chore Boy scouring pads.

Mavis, you asked why I was cleaning out his car. We did a switch this weekend for mutual convenience. I hadn't been inside the car since mid-April. I guess when a mom is concerned she looks at the signs. I didn't clean the car. I was observing the contents. I just noticed small amounts of this filament. It is not something that I see in most cars. While he was in rehab I thought that it might relate to drug use. Since I saw it again, I thought I would ask.

I am guilty of cleaning the car while AS was in treatment. He didn't ask that I do it. I just couldn't stand the mess! I also wanted to remove triggers and smells.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:33 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

chore boy huh? i learned something.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((((((Guinevere)))))))))))