Notices

Feeling overwhelmed

Old 06-11-2007, 07:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling overwhelmed

Morning!
Feeling like I could use some prayers and a little support today. I have a lot on my mind right now, and I'm feeling overwhelmed and immobilized.

I go to court this Wednesday for my 3rd DWI which was back in January. Even though I still don't have a license and I lost my job over this because they forced me to resign, it still was a blessing in disguise because I finally was out of the closet with my drinking. My family, fiancé and friends couldn't believe what they were hearing because I drank alone on the sly. Looks like I'm either going to get 4 months of community service, 3+ months of house arrest, or 3 months jail time. Back in January I put myself into in patient treatment, and after that, out patient. After 20 plus years of drinking heavily on a daily basis, even after the treatment, I have still opted to hit the bottle on occasion to deal with my problems instead of facing them head on. I don't enjoy drinking anymore, so I'm not sure why I still cave to the cravings sometimes when I am stressed except for the fact there is still some level of comfort there, even though it never proves to be comforting and only makes me sick and remorseful. After Wednesday, I will be tested randomly for alcohol consumption. I need to really get a grip on things because if I am caught drinking ... even a little, I will go straight to the slammer.

I feel all alone, and my fiancé is more into cutting me down than being a support. I know part of my sour mood today is hormones, but I'm just afraid of the unknown, I guess, as well.

On a bright note: I got a call back for an interview for a PT job at the gym which I am checking on this morning (even though I am feeling afraid to call... why, I don't know. Just feeling insecure. Knowing I will have to admit to my drinking to explain why I have 4 year degree and quit a high paying job to work PT for minimum wage.) Also getting a much needed haircut this afternoon! whoo hoo! It's the small things, sometimes, that bring the greatest pleasure.

thanks for listening... wishing you all a nice day. Lynn
Old 06-11-2007, 07:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are in my prayers, Lynn.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks New Day. that means a great deal to me...
Old 06-11-2007, 07:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hey kasha,

i'm thinking about you and praying that you find peace. i understand how difficult this disease is. but you can recover. keep posting, k
Old 06-11-2007, 07:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks K. I hope so. some days it just doesn't feel like it. Like I mentioned... I know a lot of this is hormones talking today. And finally getting out of this relationship I'm in, when I find the strength to, will help enormously as well. Just feeling 'stuck' right now. The support from SR sure does help. thanks again.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Just keep doing the next right thing....it will all work out.

I also suggest checking out your local AA.....
fantastic support and ideas on living sober with joy!

Mega Hugs and Prayers zinging your way Lynn
Old 06-11-2007, 07:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks Carol.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Stop..Breathe......Relax.
Thats alot to ponder.
I hope it all works out for you.
Sending prayers.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
hg096.gif (34.4 KB, 27 views)
Old 06-11-2007, 08:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Hey(((Kasha))))

Something I forget sometimes when I am soaking my my stew is that I really can do whatever I want to do...and that is exactly what I do...even when I feel sorry for myself it is because I want to.

All the good stuff is inside and I am sure you have lots of good stuff.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thanks Splendra and Chi. means a lot that you cared enough to write!
hugs back to you!
Old 06-11-2007, 08:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hugs Kasha
Old 06-11-2007, 08:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

thanks Stone
Old 06-11-2007, 08:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sending you BIG HUGS, Kasha. Sounds like this is a stressful time for you. The consequences of our drinking can seem unbearable when we're sober and can actually see what we did... at least it can for me. I was feeling down just a little while ago, dwelling on lost opportunities. You've helped me feel less alone. You've got a really positive additude. You are right about your 3rd DWI being a blessing in disguise. No doubt about that. I also understand about drinking after hitting what should be a bottom and going to rehab. That happened to me a while back before I went to detox for the final time. Anyway, just want you to know you're not alone. I'm praying for you.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

((((((LiveFree)))))))... thanks. glad my thread has helped someone besides myself. It's a comfort for me to know others have had to/are dealing with some very similar things as myself and have actually lived through them! LOL. Puts things into perspective. That's one of the things I love so much about the SR support.

have a good one. htanks for posting and the huge hugs. they always help!
Old 06-11-2007, 09:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Living sober can be very overwhelming - especially in the beginning. Sounds like you've got a lot going on Kasha. Take it a bit at a time, and things will fall into place. I hope you've got some support to help you as you go through this. Big hugs to you.

Rowan
Old 06-11-2007, 09:57 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks Rowan. No support at home... but my sisters have been there for me. And some of the people in AA, although I really haven't found a home meeting where I feel I have a good 'fit' yet. But that will come once I am able to drive again and try out some other various meetings.

I am feeling more hopeful today just having asked the SR gang for help and received such support. thanks again, everyone.
Lynn
Old 06-11-2007, 10:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

You're actually an inspiration to me, Lynn. Here I am feeling at a loss, when I read your post and am able to put things in a better perspective. I'm so glad we can post when feeling this way. You're on the right track; keep looking ahead and know many, many prayers are being said.

Liz
Old 06-11-2007, 10:25 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Liz. thanks. and you hang in there too.
I appreciate the prayers. I'm just trying to give all of this to God to handle. Still trying to learn how to do that on a more regular basis...