Where I am coming from

Old 06-11-2007, 06:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Where I am coming from

Hi, as I am sitting here drinking a beer at 7am after calling in to work I figured I would go ahead and post.

I spent the last 3 months sober until finally the desire to get a buzz got the best of me. So here I am risking my life with alcohol again. Anyways, tomorrow will be day 1 again. I'll see if I can make it a little longer than 3 months this time.

On the bright side I didn't let myself get to far back into my drinking habit this time and hopefully can get back on my feet again relatively easy.

I look forward to reading/writing in the forums some more as I begin my recovery again.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Welcome to the SR forums, it's a great place for support, advice and just good conversation. I hope to see you around. Do you participate in any kind of recovery program, secular or 12-step. Just wondering. I personally have a jumble of different things I use to help myself, a major one being posting here. Personally I find it helpful NOT to count days. I just try to stay clean today, it's really the only day that matters. Guess that's one I picked up from the 12-step folks!! It works for me though. Take care.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hey easy tiger,

how are you going to make it work this time - you going to aa or working any 12-step program? do you have sponsor?

nice to meet you, keep posting. and throw the beer out!

blessings, k
Old 06-11-2007, 08:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Welcome Easy Tiger.

Good for you in choosing sobriety. Post as often as you like. Hope to see you around.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome!!!!
Old 06-11-2007, 11:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi there Tiger! Welcome. I'm glad that you're making the choice to post here. Take care of yourself today.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

its ok 2 slip up. dont be too hard on yourself. just get back up and try again. no one said it was going 2 be easy. u can do it
Old 07-14-2007, 06:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Looking forward to your post tomorrow without beer in hand.
Keep on, keepin on. T
Old 07-15-2007, 12:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Easy, I'm glad you're choosing life. Welcome to SR.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Been a while since I have posted here. As you might have guest my last attempt to quit drinking was a failure....again, heh.

Anywho, I have 2 sober days under my belt right now and feel pretty good about it. I have the right frame of mind this time. That is to say, I am seriously pissed off right now about how I have let alcohol control me. I am ready to get my life back.

I even managed to get a hold of a bottle of campral to maybe make things a little easier. Honestly though, I feel that if I can just keep the attitude I have right now I am gonna make it quite a while this time.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Way to go on 2 days clean Easy Tiger!

In my book attitude WAS the compelling force that got sober and IS keeping me sober today. I guess I don’t buy into all that jazz about how a person can’t get sober unless they have a HP or some other mysterious being/thingy, whatever, helping them.

What will also help is being proactive in your harmful addiction dependency recovery plan (you do have a plan?). Plus, being around supportive others that appreciate and respect your unique needs for recovery, whatever life affirming plan of action you have is indispensable.

Peace
Zencat