Notices

A Short Story

Old 06-10-2007, 01:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Short Story

The girl that drank too much

This is a story about a girl that was sad most of her life. Not that it was all that bad. Some have it worse. I don’t know if it was her personality or something else. Well, this girl loved to drink. She is most likely an alcoholic, but she does not want to admit it or she cannot.
It all started when she was just a kid. It is like most kids when their in there teens. They usually try drinking out of curiosity. Some of the kids because of peer-pressure. Others drink just to fit in. That is how it started for this girl.
As she got older and was legal to drink, she would go to the bar on Fridays with her friends and hang out for a couple of hours. In the mean time, she was in and out of bad relationships. She always had her friend in the bottle that would not let her down, or so she thought.
Years went by and she continued drinking. She should stop, but something kept holding her back. Fear? Maybe.

Barb
Old 06-10-2007, 02:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Barb
I know what you mean - sometimes it's easier to keep on the same old road, not matter how horrible, because at least we know what we'll get.
And because we stay on the old road, even though we shouldn't, we may even start to convince ourselves, like I did, that that's all we deserve anyway.

but we do deserve more. You deserve more. There is a life out there.

D

D
Old 06-10-2007, 10:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Dee,

Thanks for writing me back. I don't know why I posted this today. I wrote it back in Jan. I wrote it to make it sound like it could be anybody. But reading it over it does sound like me. I haven't felt well the past week. Today I felt depressed when I got up and I could of kicked myself for not going out fishing with my husband. I love fishing. I just wanted to stay home in front of the computer instead of being out side in the sunshine. I love summer and I don't want to miss it. I have to pick myself up some how. I know everyone here on SR is trying to help me. I am stubborn as a mule as some of you have figured out by now. Well thanks for listening.

Barb
Old 06-10-2007, 10:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks for sharing Barb...sorry if I jumped to any rash conclusions !

take care
D
Old 06-11-2007, 06:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing, Barb. I could identify with your story. Everyone's story has it's own variables, but you hit on some major points there. And Dee, so well said.. "we may even start to convince ourselves, like I did, that that's all we deserve anyway." Hope you are feeling better today, Barb.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hugs, barb. thank you for sharing this story. blessings, k
Old 06-11-2007, 07:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This thread and all the responses so far has been very powerful. I found comfort in both. thanks for posting, Barb, Dee, LiveFree and PR!
hope today is a bright, new day for you Barb.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!
enjoy
susan